7/14/06

The power was cut on our block from 3am to 5am this morning. Something that probably went unnoticed by most, but as soon as our ceiling fan stopped and the (still) warm air from outside started filling our bedroom I was immediately positive I was going to melt away right then and there. It has been so hot here lately and I have been so uncharacteristically hot -thank you pregnancy- the stifling heat which was taking over our house kept me up for what seemed like an eternity. I moved into the family room, so as not to suffocate in the shrinking bedroom, and began to pray; "Keep the clocks Lord, I don't care, just send enough power for the ceiling fans to rotate at a profitable speed. I love you, amen."

Strange how prayer can take you places in your mind. I often find myself, mid-prayer, thinking about something so distant from what my prayer had started out as. I used to think God didn't like that, a wandering mind and all. But in the wee hours this morning I'm pretty sure it was God Himself that redirected my thoughts because in the midst of my pleading for comfort I found myself in another place. Images of soldiers in tents in the desert, children packed into tiny rooms in China and families intertwined in shacks and huts in Africa clouded my brain, and my soul.

"Oh Lord, my heart... change it's beatings. I so want for my hearts first feelings be global. Remind me, even if it means I don't get the ceiling fan back, that I still do not have the right to be comfortable."


Today I am thankful for...

1. early morning lessons, especially designed for me, from God.
2. Gma, Nonny and Howie coming down for the day yesterday!!
3. dessert at Claim Jumper with girls whose husbands work with Mark. So fun to share similar stories and listen to good cooking, cleaning, child-rearing advice. I see a long future of such gatherings. :)
4. Justin staying home with his three and my one so Sarah and I could be apart of the dessert fun.
5. Mark having lots of time to just lay around today with me and Ben. Actually, Mark and I laid around while Ben jumped all over us, not sitting still for one second.
6. hummus, Ben loves it and he eats hummus sandwiches now, so that's a gift.
7. the cool organic kid snacks Tina found at Costco yesterday... three different types of snack in little kid bags and they are so good. Yea for Costco - going organic and all!
8. cute little postcard for Ben from his cute little cousins in NC.
9. electricty and it's availability 99.9% of the time never being an issue.
10. a humorous God who most likely shakes His head at my selfish requests but loves me anyway.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Anonymous said…
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments