Happy Half Birthday, Ben!

Since Ben's b-day is the day after Christmas I've taken a liking to the idea of doing a little something special for him on his half birthday. For the past two half birthdays I've taken him to the toy store to get a new toy. However, since a trip to the toy store is the current incentive to use the potty to it's fullest extent, a trip to our local bakery sufficed and we celebrated there. He HAD to have the cupcake, which I knew he wouldn't take a single bite of (he's his father's son no doubt) and he didn't. Never fear, smart mama that I am bought his favorite little star with sprinkles and he was a happy 2 1/2 year old.


Later this evening... the sneak in him broke loose. I sat him down for dinner -at the dinner table- and walked away for 2 minutes to put Addison to bed. When I came back he had decided to make himself a little more comfortable. Now I know what you're thinking (Keri) if my bed had've been made he wouldn't have felt so inclined to dine there. True, but I would like to point out that I've vacuumed twice this week, and it's only Tuesday. Baby-steps folks.


He's learning that his smile will get him places, so he flashes his pearly whites and I let him finish his dinner in my bed. (Sorry about the cheese and flouta crumbs, honey.) After all, a little boy turns 2 1/2 only once.

Comments

Amy said…
haha! Reminds me of when Natalie snook off to her room, and shut the door, sat down in her floor (behind the door~ I guess so we couldn't find her???) with a whole cheescake that was left out on the counter top!!!!!! Kids...you get the best treats in life from them. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me