Oh Man...

... is she going to break hearts across America or what?
We have been having so much fun, borderline too much fun, lately. Mark had nearly two weeks off and we managed to fill up almost every night with friends and family. LOVE IT! This summer's weather is unbelievably beautiful. Nice toasty, but not too hot, days with slightly breezy cool nights. I love California! I am so thankful for so many things right now, really, this sounds so lame and Christian cliche, but my cup is definitely running over with joy. So thankful for...
~ all of our sweet friends, every single one of them. I love that we have dear friends that we love to spend time with, and get to often. Last week we roasted marshmellows and sang songs around our little fire pit in the backyard. We were tempted to throw up a tent and call it a camp out, maybe next time.
~ Mark being the best dad to Ben and Addison. We had a very nice Father's Day and I really am so thankful for the father that Mark is. He is so loving and fun. He's an incredible provider so I get to stay home with the kids. And even more than he loves his kids he loves me, which I think is the best way to show love to children - to show love to your spouse. AND even more than he loves me he loves our Savior. Which is the ultimate way to show love to your children. I am so blessed by Mark and so thankful for him.
~ Dad Fitz, because he is a GREAT dad. He is honest and true. He's fun and likes to make sure everyone around him is having a good time too. He treats me like his own daughter and Todd like his own son. And man does he love Tina! One of the greatest things he taught Mark was how to love his wife. Like I said above, it's the best way to show love to your kids, show love to your spouse.
~Dad being my dad. He's wonderful. He's thoughtful and sincere. He also loves out Lord and works hard to show Him throughout his life. He makes time for us kids, maybe just to see his grandkids - we're no fools, but he does seek us out when it's been too long without contact.
~ Speaking of my dad... I'm thankful for his safe trip to Japan on Wednesday. He's there on a missions trip with a local christian soccer team. They are there to do soccer clinics and tournaments with local teams in Japan. It's his 3rd time going, wait maybe 4th, and God uses him and everyone else on that team in mighty ways. I'm excited to hear his stories when he returns in two weeks, wait maybe three. I am so not good with numbers. ("Dan Prince plays soccer?" you ask. Well, he's been know to coach a mean soccer game or two back in the day, He's actually there as the financial guru, photo/video taker and part-time Bible study leader. A jack of all trades my awesome dad is.)
~my sweet baby girls who continues to light up my life. Her smile is a killer and she knows just when to offer it. She has the sweetest countenance and disposition. I love love LOVE her and I am so thankful for the perfect roll of sweetheart that she plays in our family.
~ thankful for Ben basically being potty trained. He still has issues with one major component of the whole process, but I'm told he'll get there someday. I'm banking on others experience here because I've already begun to compose the letter to his future wife explaining why he won't poo poo in the potty.
~ Sweet little Hannah who turned 5 today. Man, that's old.
~ my long conversation with Heather the other day and that I got to see her at her graduation party. So proud of that girl!
~ so thankful for Keri Lyon because I know she's been going through some painful health situations but I can tell that her faith in God is not wavering but only growing stronger. Love that lady and can't wait to hear about the victory that awaits her!
~ the weather, the weather, the weather.
~ Lauren for being a faithful friend who is constant even when it's months between phone calls and visits.
~ my sweet sis-in-law Amy, well, for so many reasons. She always makes me laugh. She's level headed and puts things in prospective for me when I start to question my child rearing abilities. I can call her about anything, anytime and I do. She loves her family and I am so blessed to be on the receiving end of that love.

I feel like there's more, because really, my cup is over flowing here. I'm thankful for my mom and how nice it is to chat with her frequently. I'm thankful for Pam because she writes fun little stories about Jesse and Luci in her blog and it lets me into a little window of their life up in San Fran. I could go on...

Happy weekend to you all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, she is just beautiful. Those eyes and that smile are amazing! Great picture!
What a sweetie!
If I had to make a list of things that bless me, people who openly enjoy their spouses and children would be near the top of the list. So if you don't mind, I think I'll start haunting this blog regularly... it's so full of godly cheer.
Kelly said…
This is Kelly (Cam's mom, Carrie's friend). Just wanted to thank you for your book recommendation. I got it at the library today and am excited to read it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me