Only in Kentucky

This is an actual excerpt from a letter my Grandma sent me today from Albany, Kentucky.

(Read with thick southern drawl for full affect.)

"I saw a big deer below the garden yesterday evening and I got out my riffle and shot over the garden and you should have seen that deer jump clear over the fence with no trouble at all!"

Isn't that awesome!!! First, the mental picture of my grandma shooting a rifle is in and of itself - hilarious. But the fact that she can do that and not have 18 squad cars and 5 police helicopters surrounding her house is so great. I think I might have to move there.

Comments

Amy said…
haha! Great! I love it too! However, actually hearing is NOTHING like it! hhaha! Love you girl! Miss ya'll tons!
pamela prince said…
That is HILARIOUS! Um, excuse me but does your grandma really say riffle (because if she does that's even funnier) or is that just a spelling mishap?
Amy said…
yep...she really says riffle!!!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me