Less About

(Little warning: I could quite possibly offend lots of Facebookers out there. But before anyone gets hurt, know that I'm just as addicted as the next guy. And I too am guilty of putting too much of me out there. That being said...)

There are just some people on Facebook who start to get to me with all their "join my group", "pillow fighting" and "poking" nonsense. Christmas time killed me with the "Ornaments". I'm all for a good "status update" but every now and then I find this ooooooooone person who just takes it a bit too far. I think I was on the verge of becoming that person, as I found myself thinking about my life in status updates. Sarah Fitzpatrick is Washing the dishes. Sarah Fitzpatrick is Folding the laundry. Sarah Fitzpatrick is Addicted. Fortunately I found a Status Updates Anonymous group and I'm in recovery. And when I first started out on fb I was a sucker for sending "flowers" because who doesn't want to save the rain forest and tend a virtual garden all at the same time?

While Facebook absolutely has it's benefits, (shout out to my new/old friends!) there are a few people out there who, well frankly, I'm seeing too much about. I like to say hello and maybe see some pictures but after that I'm good. It's just too much information all the time from people I'm really ok not knowing that much information about. If only there were a way to only see a little bit about such a person. If only Facebook would filter the lameness and only put through the stuff I want to know from the people I want to know about. Oh but wait! THEY DO! It's called Less About. And it's this little button you hardly notice when you see a box next to someone's name. All you do is click that option and BAM and you'll see "less about" that person. You're still friends with the person so you can check in on your own time, learning what you want to when you want to. It's perfect. Mark, of course, found this lovely little feature.

Don't you sort of wish there was a "Less About" button for real life? I'd use it on the sales people in the kiosks at the mall. And maybe on newscasters. Definitely on Max, the dog that lives behind us.

Comments

Wendy said…
You are soooo funny. I agree with you! I click ignore to every invite and gift thing i get sent. Not to be mean to the one who sent it, but b/c I just don't really want to add 8 million apps to my page. No need.
Oh, and as much as I think that less about feature is a good idea... i hope you did not tag me :)
Wendy said…
Oh, by the way... miss you
Anonymous said…
I'm with you on this one. I "ignore" every invite & gift thing I'm sent, too! mom
Anonymous said…
Word!
Anonymous said…
I kinda like you so I selected "more about" Sarah. love, me.
Lolly Caruana said…
this post makes me glad i'm not on fb. and glad to know some of the lingo. i have enough "status'" to keep track of these days. it sounds cute, but really who needs another virtual addiction??? no thanks. i'm good.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me