Wonderfully Made

I love my body. That must sound weird coming from a girl, but I do. Not the way it looks necessarily, but the way it was made - that's what I love. I love the way my body can effectively do everything it's supposed to do. I'm so thankful for that. I love that my arms can wrap around things like babies, toddlers, my man. I love that my legs can walk, skip, run if I have to. And though I'd never willingly choose to, I bet my body could run really fast if that's what it needed to do, like to save a child in danger or protect someone from impending harm. My body was made well.

Psalm 139:14 says, "I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." This verse came to mind while I was in a doctor's office holding a very sick little girl. I was sitting in a chair singing songs to Addison, feeling the weight of her sleeping body on my chest and I though, "I was made perfectly for this; to hold my baby girl". Her head rested on the fleshy part of my chest, right below the collar bone where you'd put your hand over your "heart" to say the Pledge of Allegiance, the round part of her head nestled in the crook of my neck and chin and I laid my cheek on the top of her soft hair. I could watch her back rise and fall with the rhythm of my breathing as her front side perfectly aligned with my front side. Her arms hung low and folded in her lap and her legs wrapped around my waist resting on my hip bones. My body was made for this.

I think the same thing whenever I'm cradling Troy in my arms; his head fitting perfectly in the crook of my arm and his body curving around my belly and resting on lap. And Ben too, though my days of cradling him are long gone, when we he does snuggle with me we mold perfectly together as well. It's as if each of my kids, and my husband too for that matter, are pieces of a puzzle which all connect to me. And we connect flawlessly. A woman, a wife, a mother, I was made wonderfully for my roles in life. What a git, Lord, thank You!

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
I love that, too!!! I remember watching my nephew "fluff" his mom's chest like a pillow before he would get cozy--it was hilarious, but still precious, because God made our bodies to be a place of comfort for our husbands and children. Praise God! Love you, friend.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me