Me, According to Me.

I went through some of my old "stuff" a few weekends ago at my parent's house. Among the beloved Pound Puppies and a Rainbow Brite doll (kudos to my mom for keeping such treasures!) were some old school papers. She didn't keep it all, thank goodness, but what she did keep I had a good laugh over. I'm thankful to have these mementos from my early childhood. It will be fun to show my own kids the pictures I drew when I was six and what I wrote about when I was 8.

One of the items is a mobile all about "Me". Each little hanging cloud has a paragraph I wrote describing me. Here are a few of the clouds I found particularly fun to read...

My Family
"My family s a family of five. I have two brothers, Jason is 12 and Darren is 16. Judy and Dan Prince are my parents. Darren plays the saxophone. Jason likes to play baseball. I like to play the piano and handbells. (oh yes I did!) My Dad woks at Hunt Wesson. (This is my favorite part...) Writing letters and talking on the phone is what my mom likes to do when she is not doing laundry, making food or helping our family." Isn't that funny and sad and so true all at the same time?!

Here's another one, and may I say - not much has changed in twenty years.

The Best Things About Me
"My smile is one of the best things that I like. Making friends is what I love to do. I have been in the Sound of Music... Cooking, reading, writing pomes (poems) and stories are something I like to do in my free time."

Some people have known all their lives what they've wanted to be. I did too.

My Ambition
"My ambitions is to be a teacher. I want to be a 2 grade teacher because that was my favorite year. (I wonder how my 4th grade teacher felt about that? Oops.) I want to be a nice teacher and listen to what they ask and say.
If I change my mind about being a teacher I will be a house wife."

Looks like I changed my mind. :-) I guess I have always known what I really wanted to do in life is be a wife and a mom. What this tells me is that my mom made it look appealing. If I had had a rotten childhood, or if my mom was nasty mean with a bitter attitude toward her roles in life, I highly doubt I would have aspired to be just like her. So thanks mom! You did a great job. And who knows, maybe someday Addison will want to be just like me. (OK, maybe not juuuuust like me.) :-)

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
i should look through some of my old stuff and see what i wrote about my life. at christmas, josh's mom gave us his autobiography, written in 7th grade, i think, while his dad was away in the gulf war. it was so interesting, and his humor made me laugh out loud. i'm so glad you love making friends--you're really good at it! :) love you!
Wendy said…
I love it... I wish my mom saved our stuff... I would kill for my old rainbow bright dolls and the sprites. You were funny then too. I love it. The making friends thing made me laugh. So many are blessed by that like of yours. :)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me