Special Presence and Presents

Hot dog (that's for you B) we had some fun Monday! Gma, Howie and Nonny came down for a visit (we missed you, Papa Paul!).



The kids were so excited to see them and I was too. First, let me tell you, that I was really productive in the morning and that just set the tone for an overall great day I think. Then I officially enrolled Ben in his school, which I was super giddy about. I kept asking a bunch of silly questions. I'm sure the ladies at the front desk made fun of me as soon as I walked out the door, first-timer, they probably snickered. Afterward the whole lot of us went to Ben's first official gymnastics class and watched him leap and jump and bounce and hang and swing and run all over that gym. He had a blast! No reservations, that boy, fearless.



Probably the most exciting part of the day was setting up Addison (and Ben's) new bed! Tina put her mighty skills to work and found the exact daybed I was looking for for Addie's room. To backtrack a bit... Mark had wanted to put Ben and Addison together in the same room but I thought otherwise, thinking Ben would do better with the baby. As it turns out, Special Sleeper Troy and Concerned Brother Ben aren't a great sleeping match. Sooooo, Mark was right and I was wrong. Isn't the first time, won't be the last. Anyway, for the last month or so we've been putting Ben to bed in our room then moving him onto a makeshift bed on the floor of Addie's room. Now with the trundle under the daybed pulled out Ben and Addison have easily and happily gone to bed at the same time in the same room! Hurray!

We are so thankful for this beautiful bed!! We ALL love it!!





I have a fantastic video but it's not uploading for some reason. I'll try to post it tomorrow. I'm hoping that the magic of the new bed doesn't wear off anytime soon because whenever it's time to get in it the kids run to do so. Tonight they were both in bed and asleep (and so was Troy in his room) at 7:15. LOVE IT! I wonder what time they'll be up in the morning...?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wendy & I LOVED sleeping in the same room. In 4th grade we moved to a house where we got our own rooms and we still slept in the same room. They are so sweet in those pictures.
Wendy said…
Ahh... the good old days of taking turns tickeling each other's backs till we fell asleep. Twin memories :)... any whoodle... That looks like Hannah's bed. :)
sfitz said…
It does look like Hannah's bed! That's exactly the one I had in mind when I put my feelers out there.
Lolly Caruana said…
ok...so i didn't read these comments first. she was so cute and satisfactory. if i were her gma, i'd want to buy her a lot more stuff. way to be thankful, addie! :)
Anonymous said…
So...I just wanted to comment about the Hot Dog shout out to your friend. I often lerk to her blog from your page and the last 2 ports she has done made me laugh out loud! Seriously, she is hilarious!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me