Thank You, er, a, Gracias

My hysterically funny, outrageously hilarious friend Beckey (Hippo Brigade) gave me one of the only things a blog writer really, truly writes for - A Blog Award. I'm so grateful. I've never been given anything Blog oriented before, though I've known people who have. I am just so touched that she would receive this award and think to pass it on to me (and seven others). I feel like I should write some sort of acceptance speech to really let Beckey know how truly honored I am. Maybe I could brush off the one I wrote 11 years ago when I was pretty sure I was going to win a Tony Award for my incredible acting skills which won me second place in the monologue category at a Shakespeare Festival. Apparently the Tony people didn't see my Much Ado About Nothing fantasticness because my Beatrice was stellar. Maybe they were busy that day. Fair enough, I chose the life of a silent star instead and now my acting skills are tested daily by three very tough critics. So this award means so much more than Beckey or anyone else will ever know because it affirms what I have thought for years; I like to be close.




I'm supposed to pass this award on to 8 of my favorite blog writers whom I'm in close "proximity" to. I'm supposed to do that but I'm not going to because 1). I'm selfish and don't want to share such a treasure and 2). Sort of feels "chain letter-ish" to me and I was raised to be the evil stopper of all chain letters. You should, however, check out www.hippobrigade.com if you like to laugh out loud while enjoying your morning blog roll. Be forewarned; Beckey's blog is not for tender eyes. She uses "colorful" language and talks about poop. (I can't believe I just wrote the word poop. Oh that's twice now). She's a hoot though and I luv her.

Thanks for the award, dear Baker.

Comments

Dan said…
so funny, Sarah, ah, Beatrice; how well I remember. you are hilarious, and your writings are really incredible...(from the most objective critic in the world)...dad
Wendy said…
you are Hi-larious! I think you should have thanked people though... your blog would be nothing if not for all the awesome people in you life that give you inspiration to write... ahhhchem... :P
Lolly Caruana said…
umm...is it too much to ask that my bff add me to her email distribution??? it's REALLY easy. don't forget. do it. now. thank you, er, a, gracias. :)
Anonymous said…
thanks for the fantastic words. Oh, and I think I was at said shakespeare festival 11 years ago, acting like a complete ninny in MacBeth, and yes, you're right, you were good. You should have gotten a Tony, while I should have been awarded with a golden raspberry.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me