9 Months!

9 months. NINE months. Nine MONTHS. NINE MONTHS!! I can't believe it. He's almost ONE people. Kinda hurts my heart to think about it.

Troy is a joy, a sheer delight. He is a people's baby, easily going to just about anybody and making them feel like they're holding a Care Bear or some other lovely, smooshy thing. He's mellow but active, calm but curious, he's easy to sooth and fun to play with. And, as of last night (thank you David) he's quite the little dancer too. His smile continues to melt me and all who he graces with it. He is sleeping through the night more and more and he is sleeping well during the day too. He crawls like a champ. pulls up and cruises around on things. Still puts everything in his mouth, his favorite thing being his paci. One of my favorite new(ish) developments is his absolute gravitational pull toward his daddy. As soon as he hears Mark's voice Troy is crawling to wherever Mark is. For many months Troy just wanted me, only me, for everything. (I think all babies kind of go through that). So I love to see his face light up and have him leap out of my arms into his daddy's. I think Mark likes this development too. :-) He is starting to really love to eat different foods so I'm taking this window of opportunity and stuffing him full of foods he'll probably refuse in 6 months.

The first 6 months of Troy's life were not my favorite, I'm not gonna lie. Because he slept so inconsistently during the day and woke up "for no reason" multiple times at night, I was a pretty unhappy camper. But now... oh I just want to eat him up he's so yummy! Ben and Addison adore him and race to his room every morning to greet him. They join him in his crib and play with him for a few minutes before I'm "allowed" to get him. I love it, I love every second of it!

Thank you Lord for our gorgeous son who lights up our lives everyday with his smile and joy. Thank you for his strength and for his health and for his perfect place in our family.






Comments

Julie Snell said…
Troy is adorbale. That second picture is such a 50/50 mix of Ben and Addie! You are so blessed (and so am I) with all 3 of your kids. Let's get on making it to 8 so I can meet Henry!
Anonymous said…
Yummy is a great word to describe Troy. 9 months old aleady...how can that be? Love him :) Nana
Wendy said…
Oh that sweet boy! You do make great kids! You know how I love me some squishy baby! I say, have another any time now friend. :)
Anonymous said…
What adorable pics!! I love them!! Thanks for being honest too about the hard parts. Seems like everything is harder when you're not getting sleep!! YES? :) So glad you are getting good rest now!!!
Anonymous said…
unbeliveably cute and charming! fabulous pics...what a gerber baby!
Papa Dan
The Brooner's said…
You made me cry, he's so cute, love it!
Anonymous said…
Crazy how fast it goes! I love his huge smile! I'm glad he's sleeping better for your sake and that it has been such a smooth transition for ben and addie. You're such a great mom and apparently wendy and julie really want you to have more kids....when are you two gonna pop some out?
Lolly Caruana said…
I love you and miss you, Troy! Don't forget me and I DEFINITELY expect to see you dance when I come next month!!! :) BFF--I'm SO glad to hear that he's transitioned. Maybe that #3 gets spoiled if the older two are still young--cuz instead of letting them "cry it out" we're rushing in to get them so they don't wake up the other two... Did you do this? I know I did and Caleb took full advantage of his fantastic vocal capacities to ensure that I did not leave him crying for long. Little stinker. I love you all!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me