Baby Food Tip

Troy is full swing into "solid foods" which means I'm back to making baby food all the time, which I really enjoy doing so I've been looking forward to this stage. Every time I'm making a batch of something I think about little tips I'd like to share with people and how it would be fun to teach a class on the subject. A blog can be a classroom, can it not? So here you go,

Baby Food Tip #1:

Today I was giving Troy some chopped up mango and the poor boy just could not get it from the tray to his mouth without it slipping out and falling back to the tray, as do banana, kiwi, peeled grapes and every other slimy food out there. No fun. Here's the tip: sprinkle and toss a fair share of ground almonds (crushed Joe's O's work well too) on top of the food and voilĂ ! Easy to pick up food with those pincher fingers and it adds a bit of a nutritional bonus too!

Oh, I should mention it wasn't my idea. I'm not that brilliantly cool. I read it in the best baby food book ever, Super Baby Food, by Ruth Yaron. If you know someone who has a baby, if you have a baby or if you think you might have one some day I highly recommend this book. (Thanks, Tay, for telling me about it 4 years ago!) I reference it frequently and even now with my third baby I'm still learning new ways to make baby food and what foods to give my baby and when, I love it! Even if you're not planning on making your own baby food it's still worth it because it's full of useful info. from newborn to kindergarden age. Check it out!

Comments

sfitz said…
Click on the title "Baby Food Tip" to go to the Super Baby Food website.
Kristin Sellars said…
Good idea! I'll have to remember that.
Lolly Caruana said…
thanks for the tips, bff!!! :) keep em comin'!
Joanna Reynolds said…
I kind of stumbled onto your blog from David's and Julie's blog and I wanted to introduce myself...I am Joanna...and I know a lot of the wonderful people you are friends with! Just wanted you to know who I was if I happen to leave a comment on your blog. And I hope to meet you some day!
Joanna Reynolds said…
I kind of stumbled onto your blog from David's and Julie's blog and I wanted to introduce myself...I am Joanna...and I know a lot of the wonderful people you are friends with! Just wanted you to know who I was if I happen to leave a comment on your blog. And I hope to meet you some day!
Anonymous said…
great tip. I haven't given Isaac any nuts yet...guess i could try. sometimes he'll just give up and put his mouth on the tray, but he really tries to pinch it just to slippery.

mariah

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me