Mother's Day 2009






This was the first year I celebrated Mother's Day as a mother of three, so that was full of fun and slobber. We were so lucky to have some of our favorite moms over yesterday. It wasn't much work at all for me because everyone brought something, and I LOVED having everyone here together. Being all together, though, made me think of the moms we love that weren't with us; Carrie's mom in Sudan, Amy in NC, Pam in London, my dad's mom in KY and my mom's mom in heaven. There's always a bit of sadness for my mom on Mother's Day because it's been so many years since she's been able to physically be with her mom. And while she lovingly pours her mother's day blessings onto me and all the other moms she knows, I'm sure her heart aches all the more on a day that's specifically designed to remember and celebrate. I'm sorry I didn't say anything yesterday, mom, but I was thinking about her too.

I was also thinking about my friends who celebrated their first Mother's Day as moms; Kari, Mariah, Sharilyn, Teresa, Ali, and my friends who are about to have first babies; Lauren, Mary Kate, Shari. SO fun! It kind of takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it? And to my friends who have yet to have children, I celebrated you too because you so often treat mine as your own. So thank you!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Comments

Wendy said…
Super cute pics! Love addie's hair!
Julie Snell said…
The last picture is classic! I am glad you had a good Mother's Day. You deserve it as you are a great mom!
Anonymous said…
shout out!!! Yes it does take on a very new meaning. Even last year when i was pregnant people said "happy mothers day" and it was so sweet but i knew that it would really mean something after i had the little guy. You are a wonderful mom and have already lent some very useful advise to me and my new mothering skills:)
The Brooner's said…
So sweet! Happy Mother's Day Sarah! I love hanging out with you and your three!

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me