Ben's Plan

Let it be known that on this day, December 10, 2009, Ben saw this car and (quoting here) said, "Mom, I LOVE this car. I have to have one just like it someday. I need to get a job so I can get some money so I can buy one just like it when I'm bigger. OR, wait I know, I can save all my Poopie-Doopie money (money he receives in a monthly card from Gma) and maybe I'll have enough money to buy one when I'm bigger. Take my picture Mom."




I have never seen him react to a car like he did today. The owner was right there and spent quite a few minutes indulging Ben by showing him around the car and listening to him go on and on about it.
"Wow, this is really cool"
"I bet it's really fun to drive. Is it really fun to drive?"
"It fits nicely in this parking space."
"Red is my favorite color. Is red your favorite color?"
"So, you really like this car don't you?" (I think the man started thinking Ben was going to ask for the keys next.)
I think it'd be pretty cool, and amazing, if Ben actually remembers this car next week let alone years from now. But you never know, by the way he was looking at it you'd think he was looking at his future bride or something.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel in love with my dream car around the same age and did actually save up and buy it! 1966 mustang was my first car, I miss that car. How fun that he was so excited about it!
Anonymous said…
That was a cool story. You never know, Ben just may buy a car like that in about 10 years! Ten years....it will go by so fast. I hope he saves all his "poopie-doopie" money, he'll be all set to shop. Mom
Julie Snell said…
I can see him now buying that car when he is a teenager and picking up his future bride for a date in it :) Oh Ben...dating...YIKES! Watch out ladies.
Candie said…
i love that he happened to be wearing a red shirt while standing next to the classic red car. i fully expect to see a pic exactly like this in 10-15 years with the addition of him dangling his new keys! i have no doubt in my mind of Ben following through on his word :) such a precious boy you have!
Anonymous said…
That's too cute! boys and their cars ... its inevitable ...
Joanna Reynolds said…
looks like he know how to pick em!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments