Fascinating Stuff . . .

well, for me anyway. :-)

Yesterday I was able to spend some quality time observing two of my children. The first was baby #4, affectionately referred to as "Cuatro", during a 30 minute ultrasound I had. I love such opportunities to see this tiny one all stuffed inside my belly. I was told to have the ultrasound because last week at my appointment my belly was "measuring small"; 1.5 weeks behind what it should've been measuring. My doctor is pretty conservative so she wanted to make sure the baby was growing fine and fluids were good and all that. And I said, "I'll take it!" Any chance to see the little one, bring it!

Ultrasounds are so fascinating! Especially when the technician acts like what she's seeing is the most beautiful thing on the earth. Really, with every view of the baby she'd sigh things like, "Oh look at that heart! See the four chambers? How can anyone not just be amazed when looking at such a beautiful creation?", or, "(Gasp!) I could take a picture of those three vessels in the umbilical cord and teach a class on it's perfection!" I feel very fortunate to be able to go to a medical group that (in my experience) treats each pregnancy and baby like they are the most precious thing ever and to see me and the baby makes their day. I saw the sweet little face and darling little lips. And, as a matter of fact, the baby is measuring right on target - if not a little on the big side. So there. She told me something I've heard with each pregnancy, "Your belly is not small, it's just ALL BABY." I'll take that too. :)

In the afternoon I went to school with Ben and observed his class. It was so fun! I love that school! His class is so unique with the 8 boys. They are a great group of boys! There's not really a "trouble maker" or a bully or anything among them. They all play really well with each other, not really preferring one over the other, just playing as a group most of the time. Ben was pretty much how I thought he'd be. (And Mrs, Keller said he was acting true to form, even with me being there). He's not bossy or whinny or anything in his classroom! He's thoughtful, he speaks with kindness and takes turns really well. When we were back at home and he started barking orders at Addison I stop him dead in his tracks and asked if he'd talk to his classmates that way and of course he said no. So there have been some good reinforcements at home since my little visit. Although he's a leader he's not a fan of being in front of everyone. I think he'd make a great stage manager some day; he can organize and control and tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing, but when everyone stops and looks right at him he shrinks into the background. I could go on and on about my visit there. How many times, moms, have you wanted to be a fly on the wall in your child's classroom to see how they act with other people? I got to watch him for 3 hours! And I soaked up every second of being able to to just watch him do his thang. So fun. I can tell his teacher has a special place in her heart for Ben because (after meeting - and loving - Mark at the parent teacher conference) she told me SHE has a grown son named Mark who also has a son (her grandson) named Ben. Mark reminds her of her son, and Ben of her grandson, so there's a little special spark between her and Ben. Totally my biased opinion though, of course.

I'm so thankful for my mom-in-law who got to our house after a 2+ hour drive in traffic yesterday morning to stay the day and night with us. I got SO many things accomplished and felt really "full" because of the amount of time I was able to spend with Cuatro and Ben. Addison ended up getting sick last night so she and I had our "quality" time between the hours of 12 and 4 AM. And Troy has been screaming in his crib for the last 40 minutes refusing his nap because apparently he wants his quality time now. I love my job!!

Comments

Wendy said…
Your kids love you sooo much! And you know just how to love each one of them back. You are so good at your job!
Kelly said…
Sounds like such a blessing of a day :)

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments