Adoption

I think about it all the time. And what I love right now is that a lot, a LOT of other people are thinking about it too. And some are actually doing it. I know a couple of families, and I know of a couple of families who know a couple of families, who are adopting or fostering children, and I just love it. Mark and I are sure of one thing, the Lord wants us involved with adoption somehow. Right now, that "somehow" is by praying for and supporting families who are going through the adoption process. The internet has made this extremely easy to do by going online and buying goods with proceeds who go to families raising money to bring their children home. I love to buy gifts for people with that purpose in mind. You can buy jewelry, coffee, t-shirts and what have you. I figure if I have to buy a birthday present anyway I might as well have the money I'm spending go toward something awesome, right?

Adoption is awesome.

Through a friend I found a blog of a family who is selling t-shirts to raise their money. I bought one, because they're cute. (**Spoil-Alert! I'd like to keep it for myself, but I'll probably give it to a certain sis-in-law who has a b-day quickly approaching.)

Here is the link to her blog where you can see the shirts and get one for yourself or someone else (I wear a size small, wink wink.)

These are tough times for almost everyone I know. So it's really difficult for a lot of adopting families to raise support. If you're looking for a way to get involved then think about looking into ways you can purchase things you want and benefit others at the same time.

There is something stirring in the air of followers of Jesus right now, something big. And I want to be apart of it!

Comments

Carrie P said…
I hate to assume...but I HOPE I'm the lucky S-I-L!!!!!!!! :) Love your heart toward orphans. Yes, we all have different roles...as long as we are open for God to use us, right? :)
Teresa Pregizer said…
Have you heard of 147 million orphans? It's definately worth checking out if you have a heart for supporting adoption! And P.S. I think about it a lot too! -
sfitz said…
Hi Teresa! Yes I have heard of 147 million!! I have mentioned their blogs on my blog a couple of times. Amazima is AMAZING!
Anonymous said…
Love that you LOVE adoption! So blessed to call you my friend!!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me