Goodbye Viejo Village

I will miss the community.
I will miss the gatherings in the circle to ride bikes and climb trees.
I will miss the 4th of July swim party, the pumpkin carving party, and hay rides to see Christmas lights.
I will miss the acceptance of my children into your homes even without invitation.
I will miss the borrowing of ingredients and the sharing of treats.
I will miss the love shown at all times for our family.
I will miss the spur of the moment agreements to watch our kids, happily.
I will miss the bond of the Spirit that unites us.
I will miss your sweet faces.

I will not miss your barking dogs.


(And you will not miss our clucking chickens.)

I love you, Rosales Circle. My heart is aching...

Comments

Jessica said…
This makes me so sad...I'm sorry. But also, Owen and I can come down and keep you company in your new neighborhood any day of the week after July : )
Julie Snell said…
The Village will miss you too! So Much!!!!!
Wendy said…
We are a sad village now. A village in a state of mourning, wearing all black, moping around spattering out jiberish.
But we will carry on and so will you. That new street of yours is SO lucky to have you all. And although you can't send a fitz child over to borrow stuff, I can drive it up in less than 8 minutes :) XOXO
PS... Frosty, T-minus 4 hours or so.
Judy Prince said…
Guess who lives 4 houses away on your right?

Let's just say a good friend of someone who lives in your previous village... and "he" has received an emergency message to "warm up the vocals" via the "Midnight Bark" ;-(
sfitz said…
I got all excited mom! Then figured out you weren't speaking in codes, but rather about a dog. Boooooo. But, I have only heard him bark one time and that was two days ago before we moved in. However, I do think I traded barking dogs for mourning doves. Which is sort of comforting in a childhood memory kind of way because it makes me feel like I'm back in my room at your house. :-)

Wendy, you're hilarious!!!!! Thanks for making me laugh. I hope your gibberish clears up soon. :-)
Judy Prince said…
Oh... I thought you'd like my reference to 101 Dalmatians cause we watched it so much and quoted it A LOT. The dog was barking a bunch when I was out with Troy. Maybe he was just on alert because we are strangers in HIS village :)
We still hear mourning doves daily. Just heard one right now as a matter of face!!
Hope things are beginning to look a bit more like home to you....give yourself time and don't work too hard (remember to refuel yourself, too!! (Mom advice)
PS: I smiled at the headlines in yesterday's paper: Gunning for Bunnies Mission Viejo to allow shooting of rabbits that harm plants, slopes.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me