Don't Tell Ben


An article in the Orange County Register reads,


"Beyond the beige stucco walls and lush landscaping that protect Mission Viejo's Palmia gated community, there's killing to be done." (Read the rest of the article, Gunning for rabbits in Orange County)

That's right. It's now legal to kill Thumper (or Bunny Foo Foo, which have you) in Mission Viejo. Why? Because apparently they're everywhere and doing lots of damage. I think they're cute. In fact, one of our favorite early evening outside games in our new house is "Bunny Hunting". Except now we really can.

Oh my gosh, do you even know how much Ben would LOVE to shoot a REAL gun and actually KILL something?!?!?!?!

Good thing he can't read. I plan to keep this tid bit of info to myself, thank you very much.

Comments

Wendy said…
I am not sure how to take the "Oh my gosh, do you even know how much Ben would LOVE to shoot a REAL gun and actually KILL something?!?!?!?!" line in this blog :)
You know how not attached to animals I am, so this law only really bothers me bc... hellooooo fast moving bunnies as target practice. I just pray no one is accidently shot while someone is trying to snuff out thumper.
Unknown said…
Living off the land! We use to have bunnies in our yard as a kid, I would always leave them treats. :) my brothers would try to kill them.
Jessica said…
I loathe the bunnies. My old roomate would go out to the backyard in a fit of rage and spray them with the hose. It was so funny to watch her scream "Die you damn bunnies, DIE!"
sfitz said…
Loathe them? Really Jess? But they're so cute! We have a little family and the two baby bunnies are adorable... how could anyone want to scream at them! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me