Enough Stuff!

As I'm in the throws of unpacking I am finding I have A. LOT. OF. STUFF. So much stuff! So many little, tiny, boxes and bows and bags and barrettes - that's just the B's! At one point the amount of stuff actually became comical. Here are some things I have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of. (And I'm really, really sorry if you gave me any of these items. I'm not meaning to hurt feelings, just poke fun at how much of everything I have.)

Miniature travel shampoos and conditioners... for all the traveling I do, I guess.


Hand lotion.


Scissors. See the purple pair down at the bottom? I've had that pair since elementary school I think. I'm not kidding.


Bars of soap. Does anyone even use bars of soap anymore? (*Please notice another bar of soap in the first picture. Oh and look, more scissors!)


One benefit of moving is finding long lost treasures, like these two gems...



It's box filled with cards and letters Mark wrote to me during our dating days. There's actually not that much in there because we only dated for 2 months (he had me at Hello), so fun to read them and be reminded of how sicky-sweet we were. I mean are.

The necklace on top of the box is one I bought in Poland to remind me of my heart for missions, something I used to be so passionate about. I put it back on. :-)

Unpacking is a pain. Especially in light of the fact that this is not our permanent home. I'm throwing away and donating stuff like there's no tomorrow. But, when it comes down to it, isn't that how we all should live? Holding stuff loosely, right Karen? :-) I am being challenged daily to be ok with letting stuff go, and be content, and be filled with what the Lord has for me each day. I'm being challenged to really pray for my daily bread, and being happy with that. (Thanks again, Karen!)


**Click on those links to find out what exactly has been challenging me.

Comments

Judy Prince said…
Makes me think of my favorite song: "STUFF MART" =)
sfitz said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Robbins said…
I have those same purple scissors (also probably from grade school!) I'm looking forward to coming down to visit you guys in your new place! And, if you need any help, you know that getting rid of stuff is my specialty:)
Wendy said…
I noticed that necklace at dinner tonight. I meant to ask you about it, but we were all over the place with things to talk about since there were no talking tiny one's out with us. :)
sfitz said…
I tried to find the video of Stuff Mart so I could post it but I couldn't find it anywhere. I guess Veggie Tales songs could be the soundtrack to my life right now. Great. :-)
Unknown said…
That's so great that you are feeling free of stuff! I agree that stuff should be held loosely and the things we do have we should be taking care of. I got a total gut check while praying about this a few weeks ago and during that prayer time this thought came to mind. The less I think I need the more I have. it's stuck in my head and has been helping me to appreciate what I have.

this verse is a great reminder of Jesus' heart for us.

Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

encouraging post friend! I want to see your new place!
Hippo Brigade said…
Ugh, excuse me, I use bar soap.

I figured it was a good step away from using plastic. There's practically no waste when you use bar soap, just the paper wrapper (which is recyclable)
So there ya go. Use bar soap, save the world.
Lolly Caruana said…
heehee. this is good stuff, friend! this is a good reminder of stuff God has been speaking to me. maybe Katie could use some soap??? :)
Karen said…
LOVE you my friend! Oh I love that box of treasures of you & Mark's old letters and keepsakes. SO sweet! I end up stockpiling on bars of soap too! How does that happen?! I can't remember the last time I bought a bar of soap! :) LOL
sweets5260 said…
I actually prefer bars of soap over body wash, and germaphobs like me can never have enough hand cream! ;) (From all the washing!)

I love how you ended your post! xx

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me