9/02/06

Aloha~ Day 5 here and we're still having a great time. :) I'm missing Ben a lot, but daily pictures and running commentary from Tina (counselor Gma) keep us connected. We do look forward to seeing him soon though.

I have to admit to a bit of guilt as I write about our posh time here. The last travel blog my family read was from Darren's trip to Africa - a detailed summary of the slums and poverty and what he feels God is using His people to do there. Quite a shift from the day I could write about; my time at the day spa, Mark's morning with millionaires... but I take this trip with a grain of salt. Knowing that the gifts God gave us this year may not be given again next year, or ever again for that matter. Mark is a hard worker, but it is not him we thank at the end of the day. We are living it up here for sure, but this is not something we deserve, not a lifestyle we'll come to expect. This is the fire that kept Mark and I from our "big dinner date" at Mama's Fish House. Seeing as how there's basically only one road around the island, once the fire jumped that road there was no way we could make it. Hopefully we'll get another chance before we leave on Tuesday.


Mark golfed Wailea Emerald Golf Course yesterday morning with these three guys who were pretty gracious with the fact that Mark had never played before.


It's ok to drink fruity drinks in Hawaii. But don't tell Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me