9/23/06

One wedding and a funeral... That was the theme of my life yesterday as Mark and I celebrated our 4 years of marriage. It was sobering to be at Craig's funeral last night and hear about the years of marriage/memories he shared with his wife. Sitting next to my groom, holding his hand and knowing he's right here with me made me so incredibly thankful. I'd like to say Mark is 100% God's property, not mine at all, but I can't help but cling to a little bit of him and believe he'll always be mine. But seeing the empty chair next to Sheila and knowing what the wooden box in center stage was holding made me hold Mark's hand a little tighter and just be in that moment, praying for many, many more.

I am so very, very blessed to be married to Mark. I sometimes think of who or what I'm sure I deserve and it blows my mind that God thought better and gave me Mark. But isn't that just the way God is with his children? What we think we deserve and what we are given are usually worlds apart from each other. I'm not fishing for reassurance here, I'm just aware of the reality of sin and what the repercussions are. Mark in my life is not a repercussion of anything I had done, he is a gift of mercy in spite of them. My prayer now is that even in our comfortable, sweet life as a married couple I will continue to see Mark as the gift he truly is to me.

Today I am so thankful for...
1. Mark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me