9/20/06

I served my first ever homemade pecan pie tonight, to a bunch of southerners no less. As I sat it down on the island in my neighbors kitchen I pulled a Cressie Prince and said "well, it's a little more brown than I'd like it to be, but I reckon it'll be alright." Most people laughed but I'm pretty sure I saw the 80+ year old women raise their eyebrows and nod in slight agreement. I also made my first dinner for 16, thanks to some timely advice from Nonny and Tina, because it was my night to bring dinner over and it just happened to be the day most of the family arrived. I think I pulled it off and they showed much thankfulness. Their semi-over enthusiastic response to my dinner may partly be due to the fact that I showed up arms loaded, my swelling belly obvious, barefoot with a not-so-happy toddler (also barefoot) in tow. Or it could've been their sweet southern nature to be so gracious with me. Either way I'm good, just happy to be part of the neighborhood. I sort of have a fear that there wasn't enough food and any minute now I'm going to see a pizza delivery guy pull into their driveway. Perhaps I should close my blinds...

Today I am thankful for...

1. Life. Everlasting life. New life inside of me.
2. my neighbors, they are exactly what a neighborhood should be - family when family is far, dinner makers, watch dogs and friends.
3. Mark having so much time off this month.
4. my walk this morning.
5. a very fun ultrasound yesterday where Mark and I got to see the baby! No, we didn't find out what it is. Feel free to get as angry as you like and throw guilt-tripping fits, 'cause we all know how fun that is after the 6 millionth time, but we asked for it, right? Seriously though, it was so amazing to see every little part of the body and know that God is so much bigger than we could ever imagine and yet He makes these itty bitty babies so perfect. I love it!
6. Tay's phone call, 'cause it's always so nice to hear from her.
7. the rolling pin which was at both of my wedding showers that everyone signed for me. It's fun to use it and see each of their names and remember their excitement for me.
8. my parent's safe return from Hawaii.
9. Nonny, Howie and Tina all coming for a visit yesterday!! Ben was so excited to see his Gma, I think he was really missing her.
10. Mark having another 4 day weekend this weekend.

Comments

Lisa-Anne said…
Hi, you don't know me... I'm also a mommy and a Christian and live in California (the northern half! :)) and I was randomly pushing the "next blog" button out of sheer exhaustion when I came across your blog. (I have a new baby who is going to want to eat any time, and I'm too tired to go do anything between now and then!)
Anyway, I thought I'd say hello and that I enjoyed reading some of your blog and I like your idea of listing things to be thankful for! :) Thanks for the inspiration! :)
Lisa-Anne
Anonymous said…
Well, dog-gone, you are a true southerner at heart, ya know!!??
I'm so proud of you, my sweet daughter, you are every parent's dream (make that prayed-for-a-lot) daughter. Thanks to God for giving YOU to lil' ole' me. I'm blessed... and may you be, too, for the rest of your life. MOM
Anonymous said…
Let me just say...I love that you guys are not finding out if he or she is a boy or girl...I will never forget the awesome moment I was blessed to share with your brothers Jason and Darren standing outside the hospital room door only to hear the Dr. say...It's a boy!!! Tears were shed by all three grown men at that moment...not knowing made it even more awesome
Anonymous said…
Hi Sarah,
so glad to hear your ultra sound went well. Isn't it the best thing to see all the little organs and body parts? I love it!! Our kids are going to be pretty close in age oh what fun our dates will be.
Carrie P said…
Congratulations on serving dinner to that many people - what a feat! Glad to hear everything was perfect on the ultrasound!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me