12/16/06

The view from where I sit...



First off... a very happy anniversary to my bro Jason and Carrie - celebrating 6 years of marriage. Over those years I've watched them exemplify what a Christ centered marriage should look like. Sacrificing for one another while each took a turn completing training for and starting new careers, Carrie as a nurse and Jason an officer. They've completely shared the rolls of primary care giver to their kids. They've supported each others interests, Jason's soccer and Carrie's running. All the while making each other, and all who are around them, laugh and have a good time like no other. They are the perfect match for each other. Jason found his lobster and her name is Carrie. :) Lot's of love to both of them today.

So thankful for...
~ a fire in the fireplace! Wasn't sure if/how it worked so we've left it alone all these months. Today Mark bravely turned the gas on and lo and behold a beautiful, working fire lit right up. It's all I wanted this season... so now Christmas is just the icing on the cake.
~ My parent's keeping Ben over night while Mark and I went to a Christmas party last night sort of far away. Very giving of them because I know how busy they are.
~ meeting a lot of guys that Mark works with and getting to know their wives last night. It was a really good group of people and I had a ton of fun.
~ Joe's really good cooking. He was the chef for the party.
~ safety driving there and back. After hearing Mark's stories as of late, I've been a little more spooked driving, especially at night.
~ Ben having so much fun with Nana and Papa Dan that he cried almost the whole way home for them when I picked him up. OK, not thankful that he cried, just that I know it was out of love for them.
~ the rain.
~ getting the rest of my Christmas decor up.
~ Christmas cookies, particularly the frosting.
~ Oh! The very fast and easy time at the post office mailing off a package because I used the "do it yourself" kiosk. Why doesn't everyone use that? It was awesome!

Comments

Dan said…
Great picture, Sarah! Glad you are enjoying your holiday time! Thanks for letting us keep BEN overnight...was a real joy!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments