12/20/06

I had a brush with bed rest yesterday, and some today. After a couple of hours of too many contractions (more than 4 in an hour is considered too many), and talking with my nurse and doctor a couple of times I was put on "modified bed rest". This means, in their words, "when given the option - sit, better yet lay down." So that's what I did and it helped. They only would start up again if I got up. And today I've only had a couple braxton hicks, which is normal. So that was my brush with bed rest. I'm still going to take it a bit easy (mom) so my plans to go to D-land are put on hold for a couple of weeks, and I won't be joining Sarah for our 3 mile walk around the lake, but I'm ok with that. As long as this little remains calm and stays put everything will be just fine.

So today I am thankful for
~sweet Leslie, who had two preemie babies encouraging me to heed my doctors orders.
~ getting to see The Nativity with Mark last Friday. We haven't been to a movie in so long, it was very nice.
~ Ben being more than willing to watch a couple of hours of tv yesterday while I rested.
~ all the Christmas cards!! (fyi: we're doing Valentines, so don't be thinking I forgot you.)
~ Mark's sacrificial love
~ myzithra cheese
~ the lady at the bakery who gave me a free chocolate eclair this morning "for the baby". Hee hee, she was so cute.
~ an interesting reminder from the baby in my stomach that it's there and will be making the big debut pretty soon.
~ the time we spent, just the three of us, walking around a beautiful neighborhood full of spectacular lights. A few houses even had snow machines. Ben LOVED it and it reminded me of the many times my family went and looked at lights. I love traditions like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments