Growing Up

Addison spent her first night in her new toddler bed last night.



She LOVES it. She calls it her "cozy bed".



The crib is now in Ben's room ready and waiting for the day Troy stops sleeping in his cradle in my closet. I keep thinking it'll be an easy move once he sleeps through the night, and no, that isn't happening yet. He still wakes up at least twice, sometimes three or four times. I don't feed him but one time, those other times are just to make sure I'm still there, I guess. That boy loooooooooves me! Can't take his eyes off me when I'm in the room. Bless his heart, it's like he has mini anxiety attacks every time I walk out of his sight. Today is he is six months old! Happy Half Birthday little man! I love half birthdays. On Ben's first half birthday he got a cool new rattle chew toy. When Addison turned 6 months she got a new pair of shoes. Troy got a trip the park! Yippee! Hey, isn't quality time with family more valuable than material goods?



Things I love about my 6 month old:
1. His incredibly big smile. It's my most favorite thing ever. When I'm older and I think about when my kids were babies I will think about Ben's strength and 0-60 attitude, Addison's fantastic curly red hair and dimples and Troy's gigantic smile. It will be how I embarrass him on his first date and I will describe it to all my friends in the old folks home. He will be known by me forever by his smile.
2. He's rolly and buttery and just plain yummy with all his bigness.
3. I love how enamored he is with Addison and Ben. They can get him laughing like no one else can.
4. The way he army crawls all over the place and plays with whatever he gets his hands on.
5. His whisper babble he does right after I feed him, he gets all chatty with me.



For the record, this was Ben at 6 months:



Sorry it's blurry. I took a picture of a picture because I'm too impatient to do the whole scanning thing. But lets not miss the point, the point is - HOLY MOLY they look alike. Most people don't remember that Ben had a little chubbiness to him his first year of life before he thinned out to the rail he currently is. I wonder if the same thing will happen to T-man? Oh I love my boys!!

So that's the going ons over here. I'm still in pain, but not as much. I can't hear out of my right ear yet, but hoping that changes soon. Thanks for all the sweet words of encouragement and prayers for me and my little fam. We love you too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Half Birthday to Troy! So, if he was eating solid foods would he be getting a 1/2 b-day donut? Glad you are starting to feel a little better.
Anonymous said…
I, too, always describe Troy's smile as "the biggest, open mouth smile I've ever seen a baby have." And his eyes sparkle, too :) Nana

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments