More Growing

Troy has all but begged for food, solid food, lately so tonight I ground up some oats and made his first bowl of oatmeal. He LOVED it, as I knew he would. He was so happy about eating. He ate like a pro too, like he's been eating oatmeal for years. I did have to hold his hands down at first because he kept wanting to knock the spoon away, but after a little bit he figured it out and was SO pleased. This is just another way my little man has grown up over the last week or so. He's spent the last five nights in the crib in Ben's room. Or should I call it the "Boy's Room"? He's getting better at sleeping each night, and maybe with adding some food he'll sleep even better. (I actually think that's a myth, but some people swear it works). I can't believe I'm talking about cribs and solid foods and crawling and Troy all in the same sentence. I cannot believe it's been a half a year. In some ways he's still such a baby, but in other ways I can tell he is so excited to grow up. I guess it's about time I let him, at least a little bit.









A note on wisdom teeth... My surgery was super. My healing is going great, as far as I can tell. I'm not swollen at all and have minimal pain. I thought it was going to be a huge deal with days worth of moaning an groaning, but no such luck, I feel good. My biggest woe is not being able to eat whatever I want. My mom made my most favorite cookies and they're just staring at me because I can't, or shouldn't, be chewing much. I definitely don't want to get cookie particles stuck in the holes! So thanks for thinking of me and praying for healing. I still can't hear out of my right ear and was shocked to learn it could take weeks or even months for that to heal! Pain is not my friend and I'm looking forward to living a pain-free life again very soon. Thanks Lord, for being a healer and a comforter, and not just for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sarah...troy is so reminding me of ben in those pics. So cute...and I have to say again (since I already said it on facebook) that 2nd pic with addie in the back...homegirl is lookin' good! Love the hair, love the face...love everything.
Lolly Caruana said…
oh my! these pics and video make me miss you and those kiddos SO much! i love it! Troy-boy, don't forget me, even though you're SUPER big now!!! Love you all!!!
Jessica said…
He is absolutely adorable. I don't know if the solid food thing is a myth, but it seemed to work for my son. Troy is such a sweet boy I love his huge smile. I'm glad to hear that your recovery is going well. I'll continue to pray for a speedy restoration of sound to your ear.
Anonymous said…
You can always grind up the cookies and make a cookie-smoothie. Or just crush them up and put them in your ice cream. Or melt them and make a cookie sauce, and then you can pour the sauce over your mashed potatoes.
I'm glad the surgery went well. We've been thinking about you.
Oh, and I see you're wearing the floral sweater. It's super cute.
Anonymous said…
Sarah, the fourth picture of Troy looks just like a picture of your dad (my little brother) when he was about that age or maybe a month or two younger; the smile, eyes, head-shape, all of him. I'll have to send it to you if Dan doesn't have one. Then you can be shocked to copare it. I've always thought he Troy looks like his Papa's baby pics. He is adorable!
Love you,
Aunt Barb
Anonymous said…
oops, I mean c-o-m-p-a-r-e it. (Was typing too fast, I guess)
Aunt Barb

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments