In Good Hands

Nana to the rescue! Thanks mom for coming down and being here for me and the Sickies.


(This is my mom's "Poor baby" face)

I took Troy to the doctor last night because he was just so sad and nothing was making him better. I found out, just like his big sister, he too has infections in both ears. So, so sad. This is new territory for me, this land of Being Sick All The Time. Ben was/is hardly ever sick. So to have two kids, one of which is a baby, on antibiotics is a first. I'm not a fan of this place at all, nope, not a fan. I don't like feeling like I can't leave the house because if I do we might infect other people and/or be infected with something new because our immune systems are low. Our big outing today was getting bundled up (because it was in the 50's) and driving 2 miles to pick up our veggie basket. Even then, only Ben got out of the car. Troy has slept really well though, so I'm very thankful for that. Lord knows that boy needs to sleep!

A few times yesterday and today I've felt a little silly pleading with God to heal our family of colds and ear infections. It seems a bit trivial. With all the other sicknesses going on in the world, why should the Lord lean his ear toward me and heal my children of their discomfort? But then I read a verse like Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary [me] and burdened [me again], and I will give you rest." Or Ephesians 6:18 "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds [even 'trivial'] of prayers and requests." And then I think God probably doesn't discriminate on the basis of severity. I will keep on praying then because I know my strength is certainly not coming from me, or the bowl of ice cream I'm eating right now. (Sorry, that was random.)

A verse that is used time and time again but is speaking to my heart tonight:

"Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Comments

Debbie T said…
Praise God for his comfort through scripture and prayer!
Amy said…
Sarah, I relate to your sick kids. Natalie was my sick one. Constantly something, for 3 1/2 years, I couldn't keep my sick days at work, in fact I was borrowing others sick days. UNTIL her tonsils came out! (she even had the tubes in her ears!) I praised God for the tonsilectomy! It was tough going through it, but a week after it, we WERE SO MUCH better! :) Email if you need too. As bad as I hate to say it, I've been there, done that! :( P.S. I LOVE your blog look!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments