Addie's New 'Do

I put Addison's hair in tiny buns on the top of her head almost everyday for 4 reasons:

1. It's cute
2. It's easy/she sits really well for me
3. It keeps her bangs, that I've been trying to grow out since I cut them, out of her face
4. It's just about all I know how to do (besides a ponytail which won't keep her bangs back).

Ever since she was little and figured out that her hair is kinda funky sometimes she's loved to look in the mirror and check out what her hair looks like after the day is done and we take her buns out. Recently she's been wanting me to do her hair in "bunnies", as she calls them, specifically for the after-look. Which is this:









I would like to note that the last picture is of Addison and myself in a face-off. She over heard a conversation Ben and I had where we (jokingly) were thinking of places to hide should I ever leave him at the park. (Don't worry, we both knew we were joking and I did clarify with him what he's to do should that ever really happen). He started off by saying he'd hide in a dark spooky cave and I said, "Why on earth would you hide in a dark spooky cave? I'd never look for you there!" so he asked where I'd look for him and I told him Starbucks would be nice. Then, because my boy knows me, Ben said, "Oh I know mom! If you ever leave me at the park you would probably like to look for me at the cookie store, so I will make a compass and find out how to get there and walk and meet you there!" Yes! That's my boy!

What Addison took from that conversation, and why she refused to get in the car when it was time to leave, was that if I leave one of them at the park they get to go to the cookie store. So the girl WOULD NOT get in the car. She wanted me to leave her, begged for me to leave her, all so she could walk herself to the cookie store. I put the boys in the car and stood with her for a couple of minutes trying to figure out the best way to reason with my cookie loving 2 year old.
"Addison, you can't walk to the cookie store, you don't know how to get there."
"Mom, just tell me. Is it that way or that way?" (pointing in different directions.)
"It's that way."
She starts walking that way.
"You can't walk there, you don't have any shoes on."
"I will stay on this part (the sidewalk) and not go on the black part."
"You don't have any money."


"Can I have some money, mom?"



"No. But you can get in the car and after lunch and after naps we will put our shoes on and get some money and all go to the cookie store together."

That worked. And we really did get the "worth-getting-lost-and-burning-your-feet-and-possibly-taking-a stab at-panhandling" cookies. And yes, they are THAT good.

Comments

Wendy said…
Oh my goodness... this is one of my fav addie stories ever! I love it... cookie stand off in such a coordinated outfit :P
That girl is one and a million!
Jessica said…
This story is priceless. Love the new do!
Julie Snell said…
I adore the pic of her in the racing suit! Love everything about that girl...especially her addie-tude!
Lolly Caruana said…
This story is hilarious! And so are your "visual aids"! in the "cookie-stand-off" picture, is anyone else thinking to themselves--hey, that looks like Ben with red curly hair??? Wow! Your kids have some strong genes!!! And I love that, in our technological age, Ben is thinking to use a compasss to find his way to a cookie store! i love you all in abundance!
Anonymous said…
I think Isaac and addie have the crazy hair thing in common. :)I could teach you a few hair styles if you ever want. I love the stubborn picture of her just giving you the "look."

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments