One Thing's for Sure

I could never be a heroin addict. I had a needle stuck in my arm yesterday and it is still sore today. And blue and purple. And it hurts to bend my elbow, like to flat iron my hair, mmhmm that hurts. You'd think this being my fourth pregnancy I'd be use to all the blood draws and needle stuff, but I'm just not. I have learned that I have very small veins and the least amount of damage with the most success is done with baby or butterfly needles. And I tell the technicians this every time. Sometimes they listen to me, but most often I think they take it as a challenge. "Ha HA," they snicker, "I'll show you who does the least amount of damage with the most success... say hello to my little friend - the Rhino Injector/Sucker!" It's not nice, blood drawers, not nice at all. Now I know, if I really sink low, that I will have to stick to pills or pipes because needles are just cruel. Just thought you should know.

Comments

Joanna Reynolds said…
That is funny! Thankfully I am pretty easy to draw blood from. The only time I ever had trouble was when I was at the hospital in labor with Brady and the nurses couldn't find the vein to get an iv in at the same time as have very intense contractions. Before the third time I said come on guys third time a charm right. Thankfully they got it. Just had to share my story.
Anonymous said…
You are so right... that's exactly what the phlebs think (and say) when you tell them you are a hard stick. I witness it every day. You should go back and show them your arm, complain to their supervisor, take it to the top. Squeeky wheels get the butterflys. ;)Mom
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear it!(re:the heroin) and I agree with your mom, no more miss nice girl....life is too short!
~meg

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments