Ben's First Day

Getting ready to walk out the door...


Ben, on his own, took two sunflowers out of my vase to bring to his teacher. :-)


I made him take a picture with me.


I love their faces!


Addison was NOT thrilled that she didn't get to go to class with Ben. She was the only one who cried.


But she certainly wasn't crying here!


Daddy saved the day with a trip to get snow cones!


Ben loved his first day! He loved being able to play outside (they get 55 minutes of outside time!) with bikes and trucks and cars. He LOVED the bunnies, one of whom we'll be bunny-sitting next weekend. Ben was the first to sign up! He made a new friend, "the kid in the green shirt". He painted a picture and used glue to add stuff to it. I saw it and said, "Oh cool! You got to use wood chips on your paper!" and he said, "No that's a boat, Mom." Of course it is!! I love that he's really into creating things lately and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of that.

There were 11 kids in his class, 2 girls and 9 boys, but the 2 girls (understandably) moved to different classes so now he's in a class with 8 other boys. I love it!! The parents were invited to join the first few minutes of their circle time and as I looked at each boy in the room I thought how Ben's best friend for the rest of his life could be sitting right here! I prayed for each of the boys and asked the Lord to pick a great friend for Ben. Maybe the kid in the green shirt is it! (I hope he wears a green shirt again on Monday so Ben will remember him!!)

This school is pretty great and I am really thankful Ben has the opportunity to go there for the next year or two. I'm praying for Mrs.Keller every day too, because 9 boys - whew - that is going to be fuuuuuuuun! She said they all did great and she thinks it's going to be a really special year for the class, and I think so to.

Comments

Allison said…
Way to go Ben! What a big boy! I can't believe you didn't know it was a boat! Come on Mom! :)
~Allison
P.S. Of course pray for his teacher, but a class of 9 is a dream!
Anonymous said…
Great photos... great memories for Ben & family... He's growing up, Mom :)

Hugs to all of your family... mom
Lolly Caruana said…
i think you'll find it funny to know that after Jonny's first day of preschool, his new friend was the "green girl" which we later determined was the girl in the green shirt!! :) so glad Benny is loving his school! and i wish i'd been able to have snowcones with you and Addy!!! :) love you!
Julie Snell said…
Is it bad that the thing I took from this post is that I NEED to hit up that snow cone place? :)
Wendy said…
I am with you twin... we need to get a snow cone real soon. I love that Jonny's friend was a girl! :) Ben is going to do awesome! I cant wait to hear all the stories of his 1st year of school!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments