God Names

This morning Ben asked me what will he call God when he goes to his house. He said, "Will I say, 'Hi God', like that?" I told him he could do that but that God has lots of names he loves to be called. So he and Addison and I sat and looked at a list of all the names of God. Of all the ones I read Ben decided he would call God Captain and Addison decided on Counselor. I thought those were both very fitting names for each of them to choose. I love that God has so many names and when we need the power of God the Captain he's there, and when we need the softness of God the Counselor he's right there too. What a moment that will be, when we stand before the Lord and utter the name that our heart knows him as. What will you call him?

Comments

Constant faithful pursurer!

Great post. Thanks for "making" me stop and take a moment to think about who God is to me and how my heart knows Him best.

I think this is a great question.
Julie Snell said…
I think my faves are, Yahweh, Adonai and Master...who knows what will actually come from our mouths when we actually stand before him!
Wendy said…
O Captain, my Captian... I like it!
Julie Snell said…
Twin...busting out the DPS quotes. Nice!
Candie said…
fabulous blog sarah!
its so precious to hear how children perceive God- as well as the people around us.
i feel a connection with Adonai, I AM, and Father.

thanks for making me think about that....
Anonymous said…
Faithful friend, Confidant, Giver of Good Things, Adonai.

Such a great post!! So amazing to think of of God's attributes!! Melts away all the worries!
sfitz said…
I think Constant will be one of the first from me.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments