A "Thank you Jesus" Moment

A few nights ago Ben and Addison were attempting (poorly) to put away all the trucks, cars, Legos and blocks they had used to build their mighty pirate and princess fortress in the living room when I could feel my cool going up a few degrees. It was bedtime and I was tired, shouldn't they be? I'm sure it was only a couple of minutes but it felt like it was taking them for-e-ver to clean up. Thankfully, the Lord calmed me down, showed me how well they were working together, reminded me that this time is fleeting, and led me to get down on my knees with them and say, "You know what guys?" (I think they thought they were in for it.) "I would so much rather have a messy house and you guys as my kids than a clean house and not have the two of you. Lets just read some books we can pick up the rest tomorrow." So thats what we did.

Lord, thank you for giving me glimpses of the bigger picture every now and then. And while they're working at getting better at picking up their toys, keep working on me to clean up my messes too.

Oh, don't worry, I'll blog about Ben's first day of school tonight too. :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sarah, this is so cool! I do hope you are keeping a good record of all of this. Your ability to put all of this in God's perspectiive inspires me! I love you! Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments