Baby Steppin'

Did your high school have "Daily Reminder's"? Mine did. They handed them out at the start of every year in hopes that you'd use it to write down all your homework assignments and things to do in it. Some teachers actually checked these weekly to make sure you were using it. I used it "properly" for about three weeks then it became much more useful to me as a doodle pad, a poetry book, a place to write down phone numbers. I just never really got the hang of a day-timer. I've never really used a calendar, much to the dismay of my beloved mother-in-law. I don't know what I do, I guess I've just always remembered where I'm supposed to be and when. This is not fool proof. I have forgotten lots of things, double booked (which was kind of embarrassing back in my dating days), over committed and such. It's not a very organized way to live and since that's what I'm going for here in 2010, I took the plunge and spent actual money on a real day timer. But, this is not just any day timer! This is a "Much Ado About You!" planner.




(The space in the front is supposed to hold a picture of the fam, but I'm waiting a few more weeks so I can get a pic with all of us in it.)

A friend of my creates these super cute, specialized and personalized calendars that I've wanted for quite some time, but was afraid to spend money on something I wouldn't really use. But this year I'm different. This year I'm responsible not only for my life but for FOUR other lives, not to mention most of Mark's social calendar. That's a lot of schedules to keep straight in my head! (It wasn't as hard in the past because Ben wasn't in school so really my calendar was his calendar. But school throws a whole new load of "life" I'm required to remember.)

I love this planner because, first and foremost, it's ADORABLE. And if I'm going to start this whole "whipping out a day-timmer in front of people so I can check my schedule and look responsible bit" then I'm so excited to be showing off something super cute and unlike anybody else's. Second, I like that it has a month at a glance, and then has the weeks/days/time of day divided. The entire layout is very helpful to me. I'm a couple weeks into using it and I'll admit to getting a small thrill when I'm able to write something down in it. I hope to start writing meal plans and such down week by week too, but - as the title clearly states - I'm baby steppin'.

Go to Emmy's store and get a calendar for yourself. There are three different sizes, mine is medium, and SO many options as to how to make it truly "you".

Here's to Step One in the great Martha Make Over!

Comments

Anonymous said…
.. your day planner is beautiful. Your friend does a great job and it makes a lovely gift...and it will fit in your NEW bag.... But... I thought that's what the calendar in your iPhone was used for: a place to put all your events so you could have them at a glance at any time. Maybe, like me, you need a real, on the wall (or counter) calendar with little squares. :o) Here's to a year of great planning and record keeping.
Mom
Julie Snell said…
I love the idea of using it as a meal planner!
Jessica said…
I love it...it is so adorable. My Jr. High and High School handed those things out every year and mine just ended up doodled all over. I always remembered my homework assignments and due dates and such. However, now that my son has taken so many of my brain cells (not a proven fact...I just like to blame somebody for my irresponsibility) I have my calendar on my ipod and google calendar synced so that I don't loose track of important things. I make Kyle use it too because so I know his work and church schedule.
My goal for this year is to implement meal planning into the family calendar...So far no good.
Here's to a great year of organization and rarely missed appointments.
Kristin Sellars said…
So funny! I have one of So Much Ado's calendars too :)
Hippo Brigade said…
Two things: One, I don't remember getting a day planner in high school. But then again, that's not saying much, I probably tossed it aside with the other riff-raff like the course syllabus.
and Two: I think we know the same people. It always trips me out a little when I find out I know the same people as other people.
Candie said…
i am obsessed with calendars- cant even begin to think how i would function without mine- but this one it by far the cutest!i cant wait to see what pic you choose with all of the Fitz precious peeps :)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me