I like this...

(this picture has nothing to do with the rest of the blog, I just really like it, I know people like it when pictures are posted.)

The benefits of rain...

These flowers make me think of, and miss, the BFF. Love you Lol!


From a spiritual mentoring workbook my pastor wrote...

"What would you say if one of your friends told you that they hadn't had anything to eat in days? Imagine him telling you about his good intentions, his busy schedule, and his disappointment that he hadn't gotten around to it. Imagine that person telling you that one trip per weekend with friends to a favorite restaurant was all the time for eating that he had.

I suppose such news would not be well received. You might suggest such a person see a doctor or even consider admitting himself to a special hospital for eating disorders.

Unfortunately, when it comes to our spiritual food we are all too quick to accept this pattern as normal. We find ourselves spiritually malnourished, often blaming it on our busy schedules. This must not the tolerated in our Christian life! It is critically important that we reconsider the importance and the benefits of regular, personal, and daily intake of God's word."

Comments

Julie Snell said…
Thanks for posting that Sarah. Something I needed to hear!
Candie said…
amazing blog sarah! it is the perfect illustration. Since ive been diving more and more into Gods Word i am realizing just how powerful and necessary it is! its dramatically changing me and my life :)
Lolly Caruana said…
they remind me of you, too!!! :) they really are a beautiful example of God's masterful hand in creation. this is true...as far as the necessity and benefit of God's Word...how can one enter the battlefield of life, unarmed, without a sword? However, when it comes to the food analogy in the Bible, the one that comes to mind is Jesus' words in John 11, I think, when He tells his disciples, "I have food you don't know about...My food is to do the will of Him who sent me." Even more alarming to me, than the absence of God's word in our generation, is the absence of regular and prolonged periods of prayer. Last night I was pondering Beth Moore's words in her Believing God study, where she said, "Sometimes I wonder if God ever looks down on us, as we're praying and says, 'Are you talking to Me?? Because I don't even recognize Myself in the way you're speaking about Me.'" Forgive us, Lord, for our miniscule faith as we address You. Through the blood of Jesus, we have access to the throne room of heaven, and unlike those who lived before Pentecost, we actually have power, through the Holy Spirit, to walk in a daily, holy pursuit of our mysterious, loving, majestic Creator.
Anonymous said…
I think Paul sums it up pretty well

1 thessalonians 5:16-18
16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

It was only until my teen years did i realize that being a christian means to follow Jesus in everything and continually seek him in everything. I want to (and hope that I am ) teach Isaac that he
can commune with God in everything and that WE are the church. Thanks for this post Sarah it was encouraging.

Lolly I love what you are saying about prayer...also fasting is such an important way to hear Gods voice. Have you ever read Celebration of Discipline by Foster? I think you would like it.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me