Go Mark!


A few months ago I was talking (read: complaining) to Mark about Troy's puny naps an he suggested I put him down in his pajamas, instead of just laying him down in whatever he was wearing. I don't know why I poo-pooed his idea. Maybe because I thought if I put Troy in his jams then he'd be confused and wouldn't know the difference between naps and going to bed for the night. I don't know why that would even matter, but regardless I dismissed the idea. I changed him into cozy pants, after all, isn't that enough?

On Sunday I went out with the girls and before I left Mark put Troy down for his nap, early. When I came home, three hours later, Troy was still asleep and kept sleeping for a while. When I got him up he had his jammies on.

Today the boy was tired, really tired, and so was I. I thought, hmmm, maybe there is something to this whole "jammies on for naps" idea and changed Troy into his cozy footed jams and laid him down. IT WORKED! Three and a half hours later he woke up super happy and well rested.

Sorry for doubting you Mark. You really are the better half. :-)

Comments

Julie Snell said…
that mark is such a smarty pants :) Yah for Troy and yah for you!
sfitz said…
Julie, I am utterly amazed at the speed in which you comment on blogs. I post a blog and POOF you've commented. (And by "amazed" I mean I LOVE IT!!) :-)
Allison said…
Whatever it takes to get a good nap, right?! The other day I decided that Emily needed a blast of the heater to warm up and settle in (I was not a fan of the idea of her NOT taking a nap that day and she was just rolling around) - within two minutes she was settled and sleeping. Woohoo! Hope this continues to work for you - especially when things get even busier in the next few weeks.
~Allison
Wendy said…
That picture is so awesome. He looks so cute in is jams to boot :)
Anonymous said…
That nice that you guys figured this out before #4!!
Candie said…
i want to take naps in cozy pjs like Troys! :)
hope you got some rest in those 3 1/2 hours!!
love you sarah xoxxo

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me