Are You KIDDING Me!

How have I not blogged about this yet!?????!!!!

FLAVIA FLAVIA FLAVIA FLAVIA FLAVIA!!!!!!



Our sweet "German girl" (as the kids referred to her the first week she was here) is AWESOME!

Everyone needs a Flavia! She is like having a two extra (strong) arms and an extra (extremely brilliant) brain.

We start to get ready to go somewhere and BAM! shoes, water cups, jackets, are all by the front door. Kids are buckled in their seats before I even find my purse.




She's an angel.

She reads to Addie and plays ball with Troy, walks around the house with Mia and indulges Ben in his insatiable desire for all things crafts.

She is an answer to prayer.

The first week she was here she was on the quiet side, taking us all in I think. Then, bless her heart, we moved. And she was a saint to have during that stressful time. She just does, and gives, and lives so thoughtfully and kindly. She is fun to talk to, and compare lives and cultures with. I love learning about Germany from her.

Many, many times I look at her and already feel so sad that at the end of August she'll be leaving us.

What a gift she is to our family, and what a friend she has become to me. I am SO thankful for Flavia!

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
how 'bout next summer in Indy??? :) I'm so glad she's been there for you during such a transitional time when you need some companionship. I'm so glad you devoted a post to this German angel! :) love and miss u all.
Judy Prince said…
She's a gem, for sure. Can you adopt HER???
Anonymous said…
YES>>::<<She is wonderful and we all love her already. She is so quiet but right there when you need her. She even got into helping me hang wall things for Sarah last Saturday! She is special!! Papa Dan
Allison said…
I have been wondering about your "German Girl." Sounds wonderful, glad it is working out so well and that you all are enjoying her so much!
susan said…
Hey =) You're friends with my friend, Karen, and my sister, Kelly, I think. I just stumbled on this post and enjoyed it b/c we live in Germany so I'm learning lots about the wonderful German culture and language too. Glad you're enjoying Flavia!

Susan

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments