1st Day of Kindergarden!

Just so ya'll can feel like you were there with Ben, here is the play-by-play of Ben's first day at Cornerstone Community School.

Woke up bright and early, was really cold, so put on Gma's bathrobe (or housecoat for all you southern folks). He is going to kill me for posting this picture some day. ;-)


Getting all ready to go.


Lots of hugs... Addie was so sweet, made Ben a card (her own idea) and gave it to him when we picked him up.






The school meets in the Education Center of a church, so it's a really pretty campus, with a little lake, and fountains and a rose garden. Ben was juuuuuuust about over all the picture taking. But I told him it was my right, as his mother, to take as many "First Day of School" pictures I wanted, and that I will be doing so on every "First Day" for the rest of his life. Did he learn nothing from his first day of Pre-K?


So sweet and so big. I tried not to make a big deal out of the morning, because he hates that sort of thing, but I couldn't help it. At one point he ask me if I really needed to walk in with him because he was fine. "Well I'm not". I said and walked right on in.


There's Ben in the back row furthest on the right. No messing around in this Kindergarden... Hands stay folded on the desk, stand up and push in your chair before answering a question, rise when an adult enters the room... Benny boy has a LOT to learn! Oh, and cursive too, no printing at all. Crazy!


Of course we had to celebrate this milestone with our favorite sprinkle cookies from French's. :-)


Ben did great on his first day! The standards are really high, so I'm sure he's feeling a bit overwhelmed, but so am I. I am so grateful, however, for this opportunity to send him to a school that teaches and trains and encourages all based on Biblical principals. Prayer is huge, Bible is huge, preciousness of others is gigantic, respect, honor, love, compassion, obedience, all major. And the greatest part is I get him home with me on Mondays and Tuesdays. We will try to keep our standards at home as high as at school, but we be doing so at a much more decent hour and in our coziest of cozy clothes.

Here's to tomorrow!

Comments

Hippo Brigade said…
Wow! Kindergarden? Berlyn just started Preschool. What is going on with these kids of ours? I'm not prepared for all this change. I need to lay down.
Allison said…
Congratulations to both of you on your successful first day!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments