Helping Hands

Troy loves to help. LOVES it. And he's pretty good at it too. He helps me in the kitchen all the time. His favorite job used to be setting the table, although he never really mastered that one. Now his favorite job is unloading the silverware basket into the silverware tray.


(He's so good he can do it with one hand holding a carrot.)

It's pretty fun because he'll stand there and pull out each piece, one at at time, tell me what it is (or ask if he's unsure) then he sorta squeals and says, "OH! There it goes!" and puts it where it belongs. He's a fresh two year old, keep in mind, so I get a chance to teach him that he's doing a job, he needs it to it diligently and complete it as unto the Lord. He does a great job and he feels so good knowing he's a helper too since he sees Addison and Ben helping me all the time.

And for those of you wondering, yes, I let him put the knives away too. GASP! I know, I'm such a risk taker. Not the steak knives, of course, but the everyday knives are just fine for him to learn how to (safely) handle. The boy has near-death experiences on almost a daily basis, so holding a butter knife is really the least of my worries.

So there you go moms. Give your kid a responsibility and watch them shine! Addison, for the record, has become quite the little laundry folder. Seriously, she's better than Mark. Oh wait, Mark doesn't fold laundry...** :-)

(**Mark does MANY other jobs for our family, it is my pleasure to do the laundry for us.)

Comments

Judy Prince said…
Troy is a super little guy! and I love the shirt he's wearing.
Wendy said…
I did not even think about the knife holding 2 year old worry until you mentioned it... look at that, I am growing :)
Lolly Caruana said…
i LOVE this post, girl! These kids do need jobs, and you are absolutely right about the "as unto the Lord, and not men" work-ethic. God has me on this one for the past two weeks, due to some teaching at our women's retreat...and wouldn't you know that Jonny came home the next day with his weekly Bible verse...col 3:23, written out with such great effort...whatever you do work at it with all your heart, as for the Lord and not people. :) go Troy-boy!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments