We're Not NOT Thinking

There are a lot of unknowns out there for the Fitzfam. Will we have more kids? Will we stay in Mission Viejo forever? Will we adopt? Will we ever have chickens again? These are not things we are deciding anytime soon, fyi, but they are questions that come up frequently by us and others. (Addison is particularly concerned about the chickens).

Advice has been given that it might be a good idea to share with people early on that we might be considering adopting. I think this is good, not only for adoption, but for most of life's banner-worthy news. It's good because 1. It allows people the time they might need to work out with themselves (and maybe God) their reaction (which may or may not be positive), losing the shock and getting more at the true emotions behind the response. 2. It allows people the time they (hopefully) need to pray for us, as we come to mind, and where our family is heading. 3. It gets people excited and saying things like, "Oh that FitzFam, always keeping us on our toes!". We like keeping people on their toes, it's one of the main reasons why we don't find out the sex of our babies before they're born. And admit it, you love us for it. :-)

I had a friend who kept having people ask her if she and her hubby were "trying" to have a baby and she'd answer them with the wonderful non-answer "We're not not trying". I loved it then and I love it now. So I'm stealing it, but tweaking it a bit.

Things we are not not thinking about: (in no particular order)
~ Adopting
~ Moving to a part of the OC that doesn't feel like the OC, like the canyon.
~ Having more kids naturally
~ Homeschooling fulltime
~ Moving out of the country

To say we are thinking about these things gives them a sense of realness and imminence we're not quite ready for yet. But to say we're not thinking about them at all would be, well, just not true. So there it is, we're not not thinking about some BIG things. I have no idea when or even IF they will cross that breathtaking threshold and become things we are seriously considering, but isn't it exciting to think about that possibility? (the answer is yes).

Comments

Kaci Mae said…
You are a brave lady. Thanks for keeping us on our toes (and i wonder if you get blamed for any of the grandparents' gray hairs?) :)
Carrie P said…
Very exciting indeed!! We also have several things we are not not thinking/praying about :) I love it!
Hippo Brigade said…
YES! It is exciting.
I love the fitzfam and I love that you (are or are not) wrestling with some big things.
Life is meant for living, not pleasing others. You do what God is calling you to do. All of us will just have to deal with it...even if it means visiting you from around the world.
Noblekain said…
Here's how I see it:

I LOVE me some Fitz's. Really I do. I'm extremely fond of every single one of you.

So - if it involves adding more to your number, history has shown that I will enjoy the idea because I believe the Fitzpatricks are good for the world. Whether or not YOU can handle more in your ranks is entirely up to you guys.

As for moving into the canyons... Boo for being farther away - Hooray for having neat destinations to ride my Vespa. So, I'll give you a 50/50 on that one.

Moving out of the country? Well then I want a word on what places are acceptable :-P. After all, if we ever decide to follow, I want to be headed to a place I approve of :) (the same goes for moving out of state).

And homeschooling: You're an intelligent lady. 'Nough said.

My name is David Wilson, and I approve of this message.
Julie Snell said…
I'm not not shocked by this post ;)
I will be praying for the could be's for the fitz fam. You do like to keep it interesting that is for sure.
Anonymous said…
Your typo had me worried for a moment! 'Moving out "to" the country' instead of 'Moving out "of" the country is an easy word error...I understand. 'Out to' the country would be something like Placentia, or Yorba Linda.....surely didn't know you were thinking about that! Love it! dad

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments