My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
Of the Christian walk, of marriage, of parenting, of great adventures, Oh the Bliss of it all!
My teen challenged me to a game of ping pong. Easy enough, one might think, but this particular teen has been playing for YEARS against GOOD players (my mother-in-law is a champ!). Not to mention his muscles are twice the size of mine and he's a least - dare I admit this - a solid three inches taller than I, probably four. He was so sweet when he asked, and I couldn't remember the last time he had, so of course I said yes. From the beginning he knew he could beat me. He is stronger, faster, *sigh* taller , and more skilled. So he, sweet thang that he is, played with his weaker hand, which honestly isn't saying much because the boy is straight up ambidextrous . He was still beating me. So he got on his knees. I kid you not. He put one hand behind his back and he. played. on. his. knees . Aaaaaaaaaand he still beat me. It probably didn't help that I was laugh/crying the entire time. He thinks it was because I was having the time of my life, and I WAS! But r...
A woman I've recently gotten to know spoke truth into my life last night. She's not the first person to say these things to me, but for some reason (God) last I heard them - really heard them- and took note. She told me that the beauty of obedience is Christ walking with me through my fears. That if I choose to wait until the fears are gone, for peace and contentment, for assurance on all sides, for angels to start singing (you get the picture) I might wait forever because God's Word never ever says the only time He is blessing something is when everything feels right. It may never feel right. And I might miss out on the greatest adventure in my walk with Christ if I sit around waiting for a feeling. Jesus didn't feel right about dying on the cross. He didn't have warm fuzzies and high fives from his friends and family. He asked his father to spare him. But then, I imagine, he took a deep breath and bravely - while feeling completely isolated and perhaps a twinge ...
I have friends that work at Trader Joe's, (I like to bag my own groceries and pretend I work there too), so when they told me about this really yummy chicken tortilla soup I knew I'd love it. Mark isn't a huge soup fan - he eats it but doesn't LOOOOOOOOOVE is as I do, so I make it for lunch and then eat off it for a handful of days. What makes it even awesomer (just to continue my overuse of the word 'awesome') I use chicken that Mark cooks on the grill. We're talking GOOD chicken. Just so we're all clear - I realize this is more "opening, pouring and heating" than actual cooking, but I'm ok with that. TJ's Chicken Tortilla Soup Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup (that's your base) One can of Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed 2 cups of Fire Roasted Corn, it's in the freezer section ( I really like corn, so I put a lot in. All of the measuring in this is to your preference... it's FAIL PROOF, can I get an amen?!...
Comments