Beach Day

So if I'm going to embrace this homeschooling thing (all two days a week I do it) then I'm going to embrace all the perks that go along with it. Today was a perk.

It was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT today. I have dubbed this fall, "The Summer that Never Was". (Feel free to call it that amongst your friends.) It was over 100 degrees, and for my three German friends who may, or may not read my blog, that means it was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Hot.

So we went to the beach.

Because you can do that when you homeschool.

There is lot's of learning to be done at the beach.




Or none.



Addison taught the "Safety First" lesson, insisting on wearing her vest - though she hardly goes in the water above her ankles due to her "wave allergy", her words, not mine. She's a serious student, no?







One funny thing, (that might be only funny to me and my mom), about our beach trip, excuse me, field trip, was snack time. My mom and I pulled out our snack bags and discovered that we packed pretty much identical snacks. String cheese, something peanut buttery and sliced apples - red and green. Oh mom, we are so funny sometimes. :-) Thanks for coming with us! Every field trip needs a chaperone, right?

Yay for homeschool days!

Comments

Meg said…
Excellent, a field trip chaperone! Perfect chance for gramma to spend time with the school kids!
Kelly said…
I swear if peanut butter didn't exist, I don't know what my kids would eat. :) I will brag a bit and say that we actually didn't have near the heat wave out here in the desert...go figure!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments