4/04/06

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

Verse #2 in my story is one I'm sure every believer has heard, probably even memorized at some point. I know I had it heard it countless number of times, I even knew a catchy tune to sing it to. But after being hit head on with the fact that I was proclaiming God with my mouth, but denying him by my lifestyle, I had some decisions to make. The first one being whether or not I was going to really be a Christian, by definition -a follower of Christ. Which lead me to the question of why Christ? I knew God, knew He exists, controls, creates, and loves, couldn't I just follow Him? Then I read John 14:6 and one of the greatest truths of the bible finally became real to me; to follow God is to follow Christ. And there is no way to even come to God except through coming to Christ. An elementary concept for the vast majority of Christians, but it was a concept that I had rarely taken the time to think about. Growing up going to church fitted me with all the right words and phrases and verses before I could even ask the questions they answer. Needless to say this verse became a cornerstone in my life. I decided to absolutely choose Christ.
Having found a new desire to know Christ I began to feel an overwhelming deal of guilt and regret over the way I had wasted precious time, His time. Although I chose Christ, I began to wonder why would He choose me? This is where verse #3 comes in...

(to be continued...)
Today I am so thankful for...
1. Kelly calling this morning and coming over for lunch with her boys. It is going to be so nice living just 10 minutes away from her!
2. Lake Mission Viejo being just 2 miles away from us. True, it's man-made, but it's very pretty and will provide us with fun activities this summer. Plus I've been told it has some of the best fishing of these parts. So bring your poles when you visit. :)
3. simple verses that can change a life, even after years of knowing it.
4. the great balance of a father and mother. Mark and I are the perfect blend for Ben.
5. having Mark home all day with me!
6. the master bath being one step closer to finished today. Still a couple more steps away though...
7. buckets and buckets of rain!
8. my cousin Amy's blog, she has been sharing some neat things that encourage me.
9. the vision God has put in Darren and Pam. Be it in San Francisco or London, I know who the vision giver is, and it's exciting for me to see it played out in them.
10. Neapolitan ice cream. (Funny side note, I've called it "Nemopolitan" my entire life until Mark and Joe corrected me last night. It may just be one of those I words I'll never correct. Kind of like "nackum" instead of "napkin". Go figure.)
***For those of you sweet people who have written me emails, you know who you are, I've gotten them and really want to write you back but my computer, as thankful as I am for it, will not allow me to send any emails at this time. I can receive them no problem, but "send" is just not an option. Mark is working hard to correct this problem, in the meantime, keep 'em coming and I'll wired you back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me