4/06/06

(On a side note: did anyone realize that a historical moment in time was made yesterday? Something that will only happen again in 1,000 years. Yesterday for one second the date and time was 01:02:03 04/05/06. Learn something new everyday, don't cha?)


Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners. Christ died for us."

This is the third verse that opened up a new life in Christ for me. After being hit head on with the fact that I was living a classic "Sunday morning Christian" lifestyle, the guilt set in. I was too ashamed and embarrassed to approach God. I didn't feel worthy of His forgiveness.

Have you ever had a best friend, one that you told everything to and they knew you better than anyone else? Then you start to do something you know they wouldn't approve of and the friendship slowly deteriorates. You don't want to call them or see them because you don't want to feel guilty about the choices you've made. That's how I felt in my relationship with Christ. I didn't want to pray because I didn't want to have to admit the things I had said, thought, done, or felt. What if that best friend already knew all of the stupid decisions you were going to make BEFORE you knew them and STILL became your friend? That's what this verse was saying to me. It was Christ's way of saying "Sarah, I knew you'd do that. I knew you'd fail, you'd fall, you'd give in, you'd deny, you'd lie, you'd pretend, you'd ignore and justify and I knew you would hide. In fact, while you were still doing those things I was dying for you, to save you."

Reading this verse freed me from my guilt. It allowed me to approach God, through Jesus Christ, and relish his love for me. He died and rose again while I was playing the part of Peter. He knew I'd turn my head away from the cross, and yet he still turned his head toward me while He was dying. How much greater can a love be? There is no greater love. None. And after reading this verse and allowing it's truth to sink in, I was all in. I wanted to know what God wanted me to do. What was His will for my life? I didn't want to waste anymore time! Enter verse #4.



(to be continued...)
Today I am thankful for...
1. a nice morning at MOPS. The past couple of weeks have been kind of heavy, so it was nice to have a breather and just relax.
2. my wonderful evening at Leslie's house last night. Her husband was out of town so Ben and I went over to play and have dinner. The best part is Ben went to bed there (without a peep) so Leslie and I were able to have over three hours just to ourselves! What a treat!
3. our refrigerator being delivered today!! No more going out to the cold garage for that cup of milk for Ben in the morning!
4. my new neighbors seeming so sweet and they just love Ben.
5. that I have a few good friends that will tell me when I should do something (discipline) differently with Ben. He's really getting to "that age" and consistent discipline might be a little hard for me.
6. Mark having patience with me when I ask him the same questions about my computer over and over again.
7. a consistent God who knew me when... and knows me now...
8. a mom that prays for my friends, that are really her friends too, but they ask her for prayer and that means a lot to me.
9. Amber (the girl with the twins and deployed hubby I met on Sunday while skipping church) came to MOPS today! No joke, 15 minutes before it ended there she was, three kids in tow. I'm so happy!
10. Carrie and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow!!

Comments

Keri said…
Thank you for the verses, all of them. Sometimes it is hard to open a Bible when you need to the most...and you encourage me to do it and what answers and hope we find. Thanks friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me