4/28/06

Got to love this picture of my sleepy boys. So cute!

Wednesday night I went to dinner with 4 other girls who are all married to Newport Cops. We also all (minus one) live within 2 miles of each other! I have only known two of the girls for a short time, and the other two were new to me. We sat and talked for hours. Talking about how we met our husbands, how our pregnancies and deliveries were with our respective children and just having quality time with each other. I had to laugh and tell the other girls about my mom-in-law who met, and still meets, with a group of LAPD wives every other month for 27+ years!! They've been through thick and thin together. They go to weddings and funerals and baby showers and GRANDbaby showers. They've become such a close group of women, it's fun to see them together - there is such a strong feeling of history when they're all in the same room talking and laughing with one another.
I looked around at the girls sitting at the table the other night and smiled thinking how great it would be to look around at the same group of ladies sitting at a table 27+years from now. Here's to the NBPOWs club - established April 26, 2006.

Today I am so thankful for...
1. my new friend Sarah, who lives just 2.6 miles away, across the street from a park and Ben will go to bed for the night at her house. That's all the makings of a good friend. :)
2. Amanda letting a couple of us and our kids come over yesterday after MOPS and that she's more than OK with people seeing her house "as is". LOVE IT.
3. talking with Darren for a bit on the phone. I love where he and Pam are this year in their ministry. I love that God is shaking it up a bit and perhaps pointing them in a new direction. I love that I get to be a small part of that, by way of prayer and support.
4. talking with my s.i.l. Amy on the phone. I always like talking with her, today her phone call just made my day!
5. the trip to Costco the three of us made. I love when Mark goes with us, we always get really cool stuff when he's there.
6. meeting my parent's for dinner and sitting down while they took turns walking/chasing after Ben.
7. the sweet little family sitting next to us. They have two boys and a little baby girl. The mom was so nice, so excited to have her girl. Just like my mom felt when she had me, I'm sure. :)
8. the great surprise of so cute note paper my mom hid for me in my make-up bag. It says "Princess" on it, so she just haaaaaaad to get it for me. Ahhhhhh, some things never change. :)
9. Oh, this is big!!! I thought my make-up bag was stolen out of my luggage coming home from NC. Who would steal a make-up bag? I don't know, but I KNOW I packed it and Amy looked for it everywhere and I looked for it everywhere when I got home and it was NOT in my bag. So, my dad was putting the luggage away and opened every pocket to make sure nothing was still in there and Lo and Behold!! MY MAKE-UP BAG!!! I thought I went through everything, but there were -mind you- one THOUSAND pockets, so I really can't be blamed. However it's a tad untimely because I have already purchased all new make-up, oh darn. (wow, this is really long.) All this to say... big breath... I'm so thankful to have my original make-up back and that my confidence and trust in the workers of Delta has been restored.
10. the Dimitri's offer being accepted. This is great news because, although it's on a house they will use as a rental, it falls right into my plan in phase one of getting them to move to Orange County. Baaaahaahaa!!!!! (Really scary, sinister laugh. That's what baaaahaahaa is. FYI)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me