Just a side note

I would just like to point out that for all the reasons people told me not to get my belly button pierced "because it'll cause a stretch mark when you're pregnant" wasn't one of them, and I think it should've been. I didn't listen to "it's trashy", "it's suggestive", "it's painful", "it'll look lame when you're older". Of course I didn't hear the "because I said so" or "what would Jesus do?" But maybe, just maybe, if I had known that the ONLY stretch mark I'd get on my entire body (they don't just happen on your belly, folks) would stem from the tiny incision where a tiny hole used to be, that may have stopped me. So for all you belly ring haters out there, one of which I have become, drop all the reasons you think are worthy and just stick to the stretch mark case. It's a good one. That's all from me, for now.

Comments

Keri said…
I've never had the belly to showcase a ring. But in case anyone asks why I never did, I will tell them the stretch mark thing, cause after 2 kids, I still have ZERO!
Anonymous said…
Well, I am here to tell you that belly rings have nothing to do with stretch marks. I don't have one, never have had one, however do have a ton of strech marks. I beleive stretch marks are part of fate. You either get them, or you don't!
sfitz said…
(A response)
Dear 'anonymous', it's not fate -or belly rings- that cause the mark, it's genetics. I believe a ring can play a part in one, but the absence of a ring will not promise no marks. You wouldn't be able to say postively they have nothing to do with them because you do not have one. Just like I cannot say positively that they DO have something to do with them because I don't have any.

Except for the ONE that stems right out of the hole.

But whatever, I'm no doctor, just a blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me