11/10/06

So thankful for...
~ MOPS yesterday, and probably the BEST food ever. I ate so much it hurt!
~ a beautiful afternoon
~ spending the evening celebrating Johnny's birthday with all of Lolly's family. I was the only one there who wasn't related, but you never would've know. They were so warm and welcoming to me and Ben.
~ the legacy of love I got to hear all about from Lolly's grandparent's. First, I love that they're from Alabama, so they have a wonderful southern accent. Then they tell me how they ran off together when she was 16 and he was 19 and have been in love ever since; 65 years! He still calls her his bride. Precious. They kept saying over and over "The Lord has been good to us." Indeed he has.
~ the bible study on Monday night, and getting to know the mop leaders a little bit better.
~ all the "Martha" type women who give balance and direction to us "Mary" types.
~ Mark's drive in a business that's easy to get lost in the down season.
~ the mini vacation we get to take next week to Palm Springs because Mark has a class he has to take up there. Hotel and food are covered, and if it's for free - it's for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me