11/14/06

My book reviews:

For those of you who've seen the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and liked it, you're getting ripped off if you don't read the book. The book is SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better! I read, and rather enjoyed, the book then saw the movie and was left sadly disappointed. Although Leo does a great job, the character development in the book is outstanding. So if you have the time and the inclination pick up the book and give it a go.

Jury is still out on The Alchemist. While being a quick and semi-enthralling read, the subject is borderline questionable. A lot of "follow your personal legend" and "we are all one" talk. However, the ending is one of the better finishes to a book I've read in a long time, and the interview with the author redeems any skepticism I have about the book.

Now I'm book-less again... any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me