3/13/06

31 years ago today my eldest brother was born! Happy birthday Darren! Now, Darren has an impeccable memory, and he will tell you that he remembers what the weather was like on the day he was born. Raining, I think? Regardless, it was a wonderful day. I hope that he had a wonderful day today celebrating with his family. When I talked to him he was on a little train that goes around the zoo there in San Francisco with Pam, Jesse and Luci. He and Pam had dinner reservations a a nice place, so it sounds as if he's having a great day. Unfortunately my card and gift are late BUT better late than never, right? :) Happy Birthday Darren!!

Today I am thankful for...
1. getting to talk with Darren for a couple of minutes. I'm thankful for the eventful year he has had and the strength it has given him. I'm also thankful for the adventure God has planned for him this year, his 32nd year of life.
2. my new running shoes! I had to take a loan out for them, but supposedly if I'm truly to be a runner then I have to have good shoes.
3. Ben eating salmon and peas for dinner. He loved it!
4. Mark getting to go out with his buddies to a fun restaurant last night for his birthday. He needed to have a break, and those guys when they all get together, well, I'm sure he had a great time.
5. Michael's excitement every time he sees me. And that he gets sad and asks about me, over and over, when I'm not around. Let me clarify, I'm not thankful that he gets sad, just that he loves me so much that he misses me.
6. Todd feeling comfortable enough around me to really be himself. He's a very funny guy, a lot like Mark. I'm glad he likes me and Ben being here.
7. emails from Kelly and Marie, they miss me! :)
8. Amy and I have a ton of really good laughs again today.
9. Having the best life (this side of Heaven) ever! And that Mark works an endless amount of hours so that my life can be so easy and carefree.
10. the nice people of Charlotte. Kids still say "yes ma'am" and "yes sir". Men get out of their seats to open doors for us. People address each other as Mr. and Mrs. until they're told otherwise, and then sometimes they still do! It's just refreshing to see respect in action here. The majority of Californians just don't show respect like they used to, especially kids. But that's a whole other topic. Anyways, I'm very thankful for the sweet friends here.
11. I have to add this... I'm thankful for the conversation I had with Gavin on the phone this morning. We talked for a little while and he's just so funny. I miss him!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me