Can you believe how long it has been? Too long, for sure, but my laptop is up and running and I'm back in the swing of things once again. Not only have I missed posting, but I've missed reading other people's posts as well, so I have a bit of catching up to do. Speaking of catching up... here's what we've been up to and where we're at now...

We moved in on Tuesday of this week with the loving help of Mark's parents and grandparents. Our house is better than I could've imagined, I LOVE it! There is still a few things left to do, like our master bath and window coverings and some little things here and there, but over all we're done and are just unpacking in order to make this home. I posted a couple of pictures and I'll post some more as things are finished. As you can see our kitchen cabinets are a lovely shade of green, which is growing on me quite nicely and I'm actually rather fond of it. Ben has been having so much fun exploring our BIG backyard, it's like a park to him! All we need is a little swing set and he'll be good to go! :) Mark has been working so hard trying to finish this house, he blows me away! God has also allowed his real estate career to kick off this year so he's juggling working on the house, working at the PD AND working on opening (and closing!) more than a handful of escrows. On top of it all he and Ben romp around our new place together like a couple of puppies. Proud just isn't a strong enough word to describe how I feel. He is AMAZING! Thanks for all your prayers for our family during this transition time. The plan is that we'll be in Mission Viejo for a long time, but write our new address in pencil - just in case.

Today I am so thankful for...

1. Ben's funny, purple face after eating his weight in blueberries.

2. my new friend I made yesterday after MOPS. She's actually someone I've wanted to know for a while now, so I was really excited to get a chance to talk with her yesterday and find out she live lives less than 5 miles from me! Plus she has a little boy just two months older than Ben!

3. the time a bunch of ladies, of which Carrie was one, and their kids spent at the playground yesterday. Although it was difficult to finish any conversation while ducking the swings, breaking up spats and pulling bark out of mouths, it was still really nice to look across and see a bunch of women I call friends.

4. Ben and Gavin having so much fun together last night. Luckily Ez slept through the rowdiness, instigated by Ben, I might add.

5. Oh man, OUR NEW HOUSE!! It's beautiful! Everything looks like it's straight out of a model home, at least it looks that way to me. I'm thankful for all the time and thought Mark put into the decisions, knowing he was making them for me and Ben. I'm thankful for the workers and the many hours they've spent (and are still spending) here.

6. Darren's return to blogging. He's documenting his trip to London with Pam, and I'm loving it, he is so talented.

7. My parents coming over on Wednesday and bringing me a bunch of stuff I had left at their house. Namely my computer, I was missing it. It saved me a trip up there and it was fun to have them see the place.

8. Our playdate with Leslie and Tyler today!

9. Opening boxes and being excited about clothes I haven't seen in over a month, it's like a new wardrobe - for now.

10. The heater here, in the house. It's not all crazy powerful and loud like the one at Pua. Sorry Jason and Carrie. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me