6/1/06

You've heard me talk about 139, the ministry at church that I work with. 139 is based off of Psalm 139, specifically verses 13-16. My dad, being a big proponent of Bible memorization, saw me wearing a hat the other day with a big, bold, hot pink 139 written across the top. He asked me what this was knowing full well the verse it stands for. I hmmd and haad something about it being, you know, the verse that talks about being knit in your mothers womb and God knowing our innermost parts. Then quickly said I should memorize that verse, and he quickly agreed. All this to say Lolly and I have decided to memorize the whole chapter. It's really quite a personal and intimate look at how well our Maker knows us, I mean really knows our beings. We're taking one week per four verses. So this will now be a place for me to recite my verses for the week. Starting for this week, which I was one day late memorizing it's entirety.

Psalm 139:1-4
" Oh LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit down and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my laying down. Even before there is a word on my tongue you know it completely, Oh Lord."

Ok, that was without cheating so if you want to see if I'm correct then look it up and let me know. (This is the NIV version, I think.)

Today I am thankful for...

1. playing with Carrie, Gavin and Ez in their really cool blow up pool, complete with water slide!! Ben loved it!
2. our time at the little kids lake/pool yesterday with Lolly and her kids. AND I'm thankful for the 3.6 mile, hard, hilly walk went we on the day before with our kids. Mission Viejo has some HILLS people!
3. my first trip to the gym this morning with Ben! I rode a bike for 45 minutes, not just flat stuff either, I was sweating. Ben wasn't a huge fan of the childcare, but he was having a great time by the time I picked him up.
4. my mom arriving safely in Mississippi this evening! She had her accent back by touch down.
5. having Gma and Papa home safely from their long trip! We can't wait to see them!
6. (going back to hanging out with Gavin...) the funny things Gavin says. Like the way he calls Carrie well, Carrie. Not mom. And the way he whispered my name when he was in a time out, trying to get me to bail him out. I couldn't help but laugh!
7. Ben trying to say strawberry. It just comes out as "baewee" which I think is really cute.
8. fixing our insurance so we can have the doctors out here that we want to. Insurance stuff is so confusing, but the people who helped me figure it all out really made it tolerable.
9. memorizing scripture again. It's something I used to do all the time. It's a really good discipline to have and I see that when I talk with my sis-in-law Amy. She inspired me to lock Psalm 139 away. My dad is an inspiration too, he has entire books memorized!
10. the list of "things to do" that I made for this week. I'm not a list maker by nature, so it's a bit out of my comfort zone. But I'm finding it helpful in a few different ways. For example, if I write it down then it's as if I've acknowledged it's need to be done, and I have to scratch it off that list. With no list, there's no formal acknowledgement and I simply "forget" about it. Accountability via paper, who knew?

Comments

Dan said…
YOU are an inspiration to ME, Sarah. Just today at lunch I had my key ring out that has the 10 weeks of verses on it for the Crown Ministry Bible study. I needed to refresh those 16 verses. Thanks for the encouragement you are to me!
Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments