6/18/06

Today I am so thankful for...

1. my dad. Having him here; just 30 minutes away, close enough to call up and meet for lunch. That is a blessing, a huge one, and I don't take that for granted. So many people, even a couple good friends of mine and my own dad, have lost their fathers recently. So I do not take it lightly that I can reach out and touch him, and always have been able to. He is an incredible dad.
2. the father/daughter fishing trip my dad took me on when I was so young, but I remember it vividly. Such a good memory. And if my memory serves me correctly, I think we caught the most fish. :)
3. my dad using a couple of years of hardship to grow into a new man. Allowing God to transform him into a spiritual leader, full of wisdom and joy.
4. his devotion to my mom and to us as a family.
5. his commitment to memorizing scripture.

I am also so thankful for...
1. the dad that Mark is to Ben. They are a perfect match and it makes me laugh when I see them together.
2. his prayers for Ben. They are strong and effective.
3. Mark being a man's man. He is a leader and Ben already respects him so much.
4. his humor with Ben. They have so many little jokes between the two of them, they just laugh and laugh together.
5. his devotion to me. We both truly believe there is no better way to show love to your child than by showing love to your spouse. Ben will grow up feeling secure because he'll see a secure love between Mark and me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments